Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Plastics On 2011 Mk2

Olig1986

Hi everyone I've just bought a 2011 focus 1.6 Zetec with12.000 miles on very pleased with the car but there is a few marks on the centre console and the buttons on the radio/sat nav are crinkly, please see attached photos. Just wondered if anyone has had this problem and where can I get centre console plastics, and finally is it possible to replace just the buttons on the radio ??

post-70573-0-23136300-1449945852_thumb.j

post-70573-0-54231500-1449945987_thumb.j

Forgot to say the car is unbelievably good all round as it should be with 12.000 miles on! it looks like the the previous owner may of cleaned it with something harsh!

Nice one!

I got a 09 plate with only 22000mls and immaculate condition a few months ago and very pleased with the car. Looks like someone used solvents or thinners on your radio. Can't help you with the radio but here's the link for a genuine Ford fascia bezel.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_audioheater_control_fascia_bezel_2008-2011_f_1539347_c_342.htm

price is ex VAT&postage

Enjoy your new motor!

Someone cleaned your radio fascia with meths.

Mmy brother once cleaned his landline phone with meths, in absence of any iso propyl, and it looked just like your radio afterwards :(

There are no replacement buttons available for the travelpilot FX SatNav system. The only way to solve this problem is by replacing the complete unit.

If you are confident enough in taking it all apart, it might be possible to buy a faulty unit the same off eBay or something and swap over the buttons?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Travelpilot FX units are quite popular. Even a defective one will usually cost pretty much.

Unfortunately the Travelpilot FX is a very sensitive system which is known for its electronic problems. Loads of these units are already changed within the extended warranty period from Blaupunkt/Bosch. This extended warranty will expire this month.

Thanks everyone very helpful inf. I've seen a after market unit (not a ford genuine) for £170, just wondered if anyone has bought/installed a similar unit and if they are any good?

i have an Eonon unit, its one of the WinCE ones and its no problem, stores all my stuff, plays via BT and reverse parking camera is a treat. careful what you buy, the unbranded ones might be a bit dodgy, at le`ast with a branded one you have a Company to get back to rather than just some eBay seller who may or may not care

Hi thanks for the link but I've already had a look at this, it's a different set up. Think I'll go with heater fascia replacement and an eonon unit, thanks again to everyone for the advice I'm sure there will be other things I will need advice from in the future! 👍🏻

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club