Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What To Get Next Year?

mxscbi

So I have been driving for nearly a year now and currently only own a 1.4 Clio, but at the start of next year I am getting a Ford, now my budget will be around£11000 with some of this on finance, the three cars I am deciding between is MK7 Fiesta ST-2 or 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec S and a Focus 1.6 Ecoboost Zetec S (182) I am just wondering what you guys would recommend, I live close to where I work (5 min drive) and don't drive long distances very often, I have heard that the Focus is prone to gearbox problems which scares me a bit, I know these cars (excluding the 1.0) are fast cars and a big jump from my Clio but I want something with a bit of power that's fun around the twisty roads, insurance is the same on both, the 1.0 is obviously cheaper, petrol is no problem as my old Clio only averages 31mpg and I class it as acceptable although I don't drive it as much as I think I would drive the ST or Focus, so what would you guys choose? I think the Focus is a good balance between comfort and speed, but I do love the leather heated seats in the ST.

Personally I'd go for the ZS 1.0 my daughter has just got one and she loves it. It has enough power 140 bhp and makes a good step up from a Clio she had the same till it died.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I agree, I think the Zetec S 125 or the red / black editions at 140bhp would make the most sense as a step up from the Clio.

I have just gone down the way from a Audi A6 2.0 TDi (170bhp) and a modded Seat Leon with over 210bhp before that and the Zetec S is a suprisingly quick car, the engine weighs so little that it makes a big difference. Also lower insurance, zero rd tax, cheaper to run.

Zetec S 180/182. Good fun and apart from a little boot leak issue its been great. Nice and quick too. Mines a 2012 with appearance pack (18" alloys and rear tints). Mines only £196 fully comp to insure too.

I would only debate how long you want the car for, and if you have a plan for a family. Personally, if I had known how things would have gone, I would have bought something like an SMAX years ago, or at the least, a Mondeo estate :p

I've been lucky enough to have owned the 3 suggested - im currently on the 1.0 ZS and would probably recommend this to be the one to go for!

I'd normally suggest the ST in a heartbeat, but with that short a commute it would probably be more of a shame not being able to drive more of it in that sense.

In short: the Focus will be too thirsty, the ST a bit overkill and the 1.0 ZS does everything well :D

oh, and you might find one with heated leather seats ;)

Any questions, just ask :) otherwise the link on my signature leads to my review site.

My first choice would be the 1.0 ZS. Will be quite a step up in power, bit better on fuel than the other two and cheaper on insurance I'd imagine. Having said that.. If you know you're going to drive past ST's regretting your decision, I'd just go for it. I did this when I decided to get a 1.2 zetec instead of a 1.6 ZS a few years ago. Drove it around wishing I'd just forked out the extra. Ended up trading for a 1.0 ZS not long after, then up to an ST not long after that :lol:

I would only debate how long you want the car for, and if you have a plan for a family. Personally, if I had known how things would have gone, I would have bought something like an SMAX years ago, or at the least, a Mondeo estate :P

I am only 24 and no plans for kids in the near future, plan on keeping the car around the 3 year mark, wouldn't mind a Red Edition or Back but they are a similar price to the ST, regarding insurance I am paying £131 a month right now, a 1.0 ZS would be £66 and the ST £100, my brain tells me go for the ZS as I will save £100+ a month!

Haha, I was married at 21 and kids at 22 lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

26 (going on 27 soon, eek), still no kids and I have a Focus ST for my 2 mile commute, LOL!

I frequently (most days) take the longer route to work though and I bought it to have fun at weekends too (more so in summer than at the moment).

I was torn between the Fiesta ST and Focus Zetec S 1.6/1.5 before my current car and went for the Focus, the thing that put me off the Fiesta ST is the hard ride. But it depends
on your commute how good the roads are and if you would notice - we have a lot of oak tress around the area I live in and their roots are constantly upsetting the road surface.

The problem I have with the 1.6/1.5 Focus is that it wasn't an ST. It looks sporty has stiffer suspension but always reminded me it wasn't an ST, part of the reason I changed.

I actually had more fun driving my mum's 1.0 ecoboost Focus than my 1.5 (before rattle issues). I don't know why but if I bought another Zetec S Focus I'd go for the 1.0 as I feel it suits the character of the car better, that said I haven't driven the 1.6 EB only comparing it to the way the 1.5 drives (not sounds, lol).

I would try and test drive all 3, you do get more car for your money on the Focus - not heard of gearbox issues on the Focus though? Not for the 6 speed manual anyway. But then after having an ST, I think I would pick the Fiesta ST out of the three you mention, lol - Once you go ST...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club