Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction / Turbo Fault

foleyb121

Hi, Need urgent advise.

Today driving along engine malfunction message came up and my 2.2 turbo diesel SMax 2011 went into limp mode. Got to my local garage (not ford) and gave me error code P029G (Turbo under boost), also got P246B (Regeneration Particulate filter). He reset all error messages, but each time I run the car the same engine malfunction message apperas and car goes into limp mode.

Now the engine management light is on and won't reset..

Any advise would be greatfully appreciated.

Oh and I'm heading to Ireland next Saturday.. So very little time to sort the problem out..

• Like 1

Hi, We are having the exact same problem with our S Max at the moment and have also taken it to our usual garage but still no joy, does your car appear to lose power before the light comes on or make loud whistling noises ?

• 2 weeks later...

If it's a Variable Vane Turbo then the vanes could have stuck. The vanes maybe the terrible ones that look like they are made of tinfoil. Does it go straight into limp mode? Do you have any power at any time before limp mode? I would look at the turbo 1st.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just wondering if you managed to sort the problem out? 

I got the Engine Malfunction faults on the dashboard today but the car did not slow down and anything, it was just a normal drive at 30 mph. Bought the car 6 weeks ago.