Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec 1.25 (2000)

Gonky

Ah ok. I used the same ngk in my old 96 fiesta ghia. Guess I will try the Bosch ones and keep the ngk for spares for the corsa. Think previous plugs that were in were ngk plugs also. I will have to try different ones tomorrow if I can get some or find any of the fomoco ones.

I know back in my college days I adjusted the space for the 96 fiesta plugs to certain mm as it was recommended on the computer. Not sure if it is the same and the spark has to travel to far or what not as I didnt adjust these ones.

Ah ok. I used the same ngk in my old 96 fiesta ghia. Guess I will try the bosch ones and keep the ngk for spares for the corsa. Think previous plugs that were in were ngk plugs also. I will have to try different ones tomorrow if I can get some or find any of the fomoco ones.

I know back in my college days I adjusted the space for the 96 fiesta plugs to certain mm as it was recommended on the computer. Not sure if it is the same and the spark has to travel to far or what not as I didnt adjust these ones.

I'm not suggesting the make of plugs are the sole issue, but I'd put Ford ones in - the underlying issue is WHY are the plugs wet & fouling & only by googling the possible cause(s), or another member with knowledge - will the cause(s) be identified

Definetly make sure the plug gaps are correct

I was going with the cheapest options first . . as Ian above says - coil pack & associated wiring is next on the list, as plugs & H.T. leads have already been replaced

Ok great thanks.

I will have a look around at the wiring tomorrow. Hopefully its something simple, if not I will try coil pack. Thanks for the help guys.

• Like 1

Hello. A quick update about the fiesta. I got a new coil pack for £20 and had it delivered within 2 hours of ordering it. So easy to replace which took me a whole 5 mins. The car is now running like a dream and can pull up the hill near mine in 4th now :)

Very nippy car although could do with some better tyres.

The pore cat must have been soaked in fuel as it was stinking once those other 2 sparks started working. Had loads of smoke coming out the back end for the first few mins of lettin it idle. The car did keep sticking on 2k revs to begin with but seems to be all good now it has cleaned its self up.

I have never had a coil pack go before so at least I know for the future. The fuel consumpion is back to normal again although the slightest throttle when pulling away is very livly

A big thanks to the people who helped me find the problem. Muchly appreciated :)

• Like 3

No problem , good to hear its sorted, were all here to help out when we can.

• Like 3

Glad the coil pack made all the difference!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club