Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting A Sat Nav To A 2014/2015 (Facelift) Focus

Jonny_T2002

10 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

What's the difference between the F5 and V5 exactly?

I'm not 100% but does is it relate to the model of navigation system fitted to the car ?   The SD cards for Sync touch based touch systems seem to be "F" in Europe whilst others (maybe non touch ?) seem to be "V". Lots of "V5" on eBay for Transit.

Anyone found or got any pointers to an F6 card at a good price?

I am not aware that it was released for SYNC II...only heard that it should be here at the end of this month. We will see/

6 hours ago, Bannko said:

I am not aware that it was released for SYNC II...only heard that it should be here at the end of this month. We will see/

Cheers!

Yes, afaik V5 is non touch screen and F5 is Sync2 (touch screen).

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bannko,  could you pm me with the details of how this works..

thanks in advance!

Danny

• Like 1

Bannko, please pm me with info about satnav fit! thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly a long shot but Is there anywhere that someone can do this for you in Northern Ireland? I don't have a laptop or computer unfortunately and I'm not very PC literate so don't think I would know how to do it even if I did. 

Also can it be done on a standard zetec 16 plate with just the normal sync 2. 

Hi

Could Channi also PM me as well re: retrofitting Focus sat nav please

ta

• Like 1

On 4/5/2017 at 11:08 PM, DMB1 said:

Possibly a long shot but Is there anywhere that someone can do this for you in Northern Ireland? I don't have a laptop or computer unfortunately and I'm not very PC literate so don't think I would know how to do it even if I did. 

Also can it be done on a standard zetec 16 plate with just the normal sync 2. 

Try to ask (start a new topic) in the regional discussion if there is anyone near you, who can help you out with ELM327 cable to modify something in you car.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/42-ford-owners-club-meets-regional-discussion/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bannko said:

Try to ask (start a new topic) in the regional discussion if there is anyone near you, who can help you out with ELM327 cable to modify something in you car.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/42-ford-owners-club-meets-regional-discussion/

Is it just that cable I need to enable the sat mac element or also access to a computer? 

You need to run software off a laptop using the elm cable to connect to the car.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• 2 weeks later...

Bannko, could I have some advice/guidance on the procedure please.

I'm not the most computer literate person so an idiots guide would be great!!!

Am I right to say that if I have the compass and lat/long readings on my touchscreen this procedure to 'unlock' sat nav functionality is possible?

Thankyou.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, please may you provide me with guidance on how to unlock the sat nav functionality also? Great to see all the support in this forum! 

Cheers,

Rickardo

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, another one looking for some guidance on how to unlock sat nav function on a 2016 Kuga ,

many thanks if you could pm me

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wurzle39 said:

Hi Bannko, another one looking for some guidance on how to unlock sat nav function on a 2016 Kuga ,

many thanks if you could pm me

Not a problem, already sent you all needed info :)

• Like 1

Managed to sort the sat nav in my Grand C-Max this weekend, many thanks to Bannko who has been a great help throughout the process!!

I now have full factory sat nav functionality and it was easy to do!!!  :smile:

• Like 2

Bannko would it be possible to provide details on how to do this? Got 16 plate Zetec-s without nav

• Like 1

Hi Bannko,

Could you possibly PM me the details of what I need to unlock the sat nav on my 66 plate Focus ST.

I can get the long/lat info but nothing else.

Many thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bannko,

Please could you possibly also send me the info needed to do this. Just bought a 15 plate focus ST which doesn't have the sat nav unfortunately. Many thanks

• Like 1

Wanted to say thanks to all who have posted here, I have managed to get navigation working :).

I initially ran into some trouble but solved it with the dropbox syncmyride file posted here. I did the .png license hack, but I would appreciate it if somebody could help me out with a proper license file.

• Like 1

Could anyone help me get the navigation directions in the cluster?

I am unable to use Focccus as it is not compatible with my Focus RS, so I would need to do it with forscan? I've tried a few methods already but nothing seems to have worked. Is the only way to change the car config file?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club