Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting A Sat Nav To A 2014/2015 (Facelift) Focus

Jonny_T2002

On 6/24/2017 at 11:07 PM, Davies3612 said:

Hi I've got a focus st-2 sync-1 on it.  I have a late 2014 focus. It's a Sony unit without nav.  Is there a way of getting nav for this unit?  If not I've just bought a sync 2 unit with nav touch screen is it an easy replacement? Awaiting delivery.   I don't have an sd reader but have USB.  Any help would be appreciated 

thanks 

There is too much work involved as you really need the USB hub with SD-card reader + GPS antenna + you have to reprogram the whole SYNC 2 so it will work specifically to your vehicle. I think there is a thread about this problem in Ford Kuga forum try to look for it or start your own new thread to discuss the problem or work :)
If i will find something i will also try to post you there some info.

Bannko so what if you got the wiring loom and sd reader is it just a case of unplug one and plug the other? 

Who reprograms that then? Or is it a no go?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just installed Satnav on to my 2016 Focus estate with help from Bannko. I am amazed at how easy this was to-do. Massive thanks for your help!!! :smile:

• Like 3

Hi all have just read through this thread with great delight to see i may be able to add sat nav to my Focus ST.

@Bannko Could i please have a PM with the wisdom you have shared with others here?

cheers

Craig

• Like 2

Massive thanks to Bannko!!! Successfully completed the install of Satnav in my 2015 Titanium Focus following his instructions plus a bit of guidance. This included the upgrade of Sync from 4.32.14073 to 3.10. I was a bit worried I'd mess up my new car, but it was all really straightforward and everything worked first time. For me tho the update of the instrument panel display using Focccus didn't work. Needed a newer calibration file (F1ET-14F094-BB.vbf) than is currently available. But really this is a nice to have so not too concerned.  Thanks again Bannko. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought myself a 2015 Titanium X that some fool didn't spec with nav - annoyed slightly as it was advertised as having it. Hey-ho! 

Any chance of a PM from one of you fine chaps as to how to add this myself?

• Like 1

If it was advertised by whoever you bought it from as having integrated sat-nav I'd be having words with the party concerned!

• Like 2

How do you update the software to the latest version on a 2014 st3 with Sony head unitI? 'm looking at fitting sat nav in the coming weeks. Ive just ordered a modified elm so should have that soon.

Thanks for the link Bannko but is this just for the sync 2 touch as mines the Sony sync1.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanting to do this nav retrofit but I'm unsure on one thing. My screen part number is DM5T18B955GB and the radio part number is BM5T-18C815-XM. Do I have to look for a screen with either part number? Can't find one anywhere with any of these part numbers.

@Postie123 Hi, 

what screen do you have there SYNC 1 or 2? Because if it is the SYNC 2 8" you do not need to buy anything.

Sync 1. It's in a 2014 pre facelift focus st3

is it just a case of matching my first four characters of the part number to a sat nav screen with the same first four characters?

@Postie123 Yes they should be the same. Most of the parts for preFL starts with BV6T- and parts for FL starts with F1ET.

11 hours ago, Bannko said:

@Postie123 Yes they should be the same. Most of the parts for preFL starts with BV6T- and parts for FL starts with F1ET.

So if I find one with BV6T would that work? Cause I can't find one starting DM5T. Where else can I look other than eBay?

@Bannko Could i please have a PM with the wisdom you have shared with others here, many thxs

i would appreciate a PM with some assistance please

i have a Ford Focus with sync 2 (4.32.14073). It's the new model (2014). 

Been wondering I feel ît will do sat nav as it seems to have all the bits!

many thanks 

If your display screen shows a compass globe and you have emergency assistance then you can activate navigation.
To be 100% sure tap 'Information' and if you can pull up your Lat & Long co-ordinates then it's doable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It has all that, yes. Compass (boring) and the LAT/Long which is buried in the menus.

Just need to know what to do to activate the NAV. I tried reading through the thread but havent been able to built up a picture of what needs doing

If you ask Bannko nicely, He'll message you the details. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1