Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofitting A Sat Nav To A 2014/2015 (Facelift) Focus

Jonny_T2002

Hey all, I'm looking for details on how difficult it is to retrofit a Satnav to the 2015 Ford Focus. I currently have a Sync 2 8" head unit and find conflicting information online and also from my official ford retailer!

Some say it requires an entirely new loom/wiring system where as others state that it may require activation only by a retailer and others specify a new head unit - does anyone have experience with this at all?

Thanks in advance

It's really frustrating - I get told multiple things and haven't seen anywhere the Sync 2 unit has successfully been either "unlocked" or changed for the Sat Nav version. The one thing I was told by a dealer was that they cost a fair bit as they need to order the GPS unit, a new wiring loom and also a new head unit costing £2,000+ in total - which is pretty hard to believe when the upgrade itself costs between £200-£550 dependant on when it was/is purchased in a brand new car. It's good to note that this is a !Removed!-up by Bristol Street Ford (Birmingham) when selling me a pre-registered 2015 focus, as it was meant to include the Sat Nav, which it subsequently didn't have, so this is a price that they have to suck-up, so it's not worth inflating. However, if it was £500 I think that they'd do it for me but for £2,000+ I think they'd rather offer me a refund for the entire car as it was already a decent price. Any info on this is hugely appreciated - either info on the Sync 2 system or a decent alternative touch screen system would be hugely appreciated!

So you ordered and paid for a car with sat nav but what they gave you came without?

Take it back and get your money back then go elsewhere to buy the car you want.

• Like 2

I too would walk away,

Are the items that are missing, on the original order invouce >?<

Jamie

Thanks for the feedback guys - it's a bit of a difficult one as it's a pre-reg Titanium with only 17miles on the clock, that I was told had Sat Nav. I've got 0% finance for 4 years and it's worked out as a great car that I really like (and I also can't do without). So I'm actually trying to look into all possibilities by finding out the details as no one at the dealership seems to be 100% sure as to what the options are - i.e. they're looking into it also.

My thoughts are that I either get them to fit the Zetec S skirts and bumpers to the car and look for an aftermarket touch system, because I prefer the look of the Zetec S, or see if anyone here knows about activating it because they have done so.

I think you should give the car back to the dealer and tell him to provide a vehicle which meets what they promised

• Like 2

Yes you got a great deal financially But it's not the car You wanted. I'm damn sure you'd love a different focus with the spec You want. Hope your problem gets sorted soon and to your liking.

• 4 months later...

Just done retrofit of navigation to Ford Focus 2014, can be done. Not to difficult ethier just mainly need the unit screen and that's it 

It was my understanding that to fit the full nav system to a mk3.5 you need the correct APIM which has to be VIN coded to the car?

Sent from my SM-G930F

How did you do it chann? There is someone on here wants to do just that.

We're all interested.

If it's possible without paying £600 to get a nav APIM from America then it's definitely worth knowing.

Sent from my SM-G930F

im told its just a case of programming/enabling it on the touchscreen version. 

There's two levels of APIM, the low level one gives compass bearings and lat/long for the Emergency Assistance system and the high level one that gives full functionality.

I really don't believe that a lower APIM can be made to run full function nav access.

I'd like to be proven wrong though if it means direct programming rather than expensive module changes.

Sent from my SM-G930F

ive seen files that could potentially be used but as i havent got a later focus , im not trying. lol

Nav can be added to Sync 2 with 8" screen.   Done it.  Several times  :)

• Like 3

Nav can be added to Sync 2 with 8" screen.   Done it.  Several times  :)

More info and costs involved?

Sent from my SM-G930F

You have Sync 2  with 8" touchscreen  ?

Yep.

Can you do the work yourself?

Sent from my SM-G930F

PM'd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richiemac said:

You've got mail  :)

Can you share it or PM me too please?

Why PM something that would benefit lots on here. If you have kosher info then please DO post so all can see.

obviously not quite kosher. lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys I've got sat Nav for my car which is Ford Focus zetec s2015 ,but I have problem with screen connecter screen because doesn't fit ,is anyone know what shall I do to make it work ?

On 8 May 2016 at 8:22 PM, Richiemac said:

PM'd

Can you PM me too please as I'm interested as well. Thanks