Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Switch On New Zetec S

Saymyname

I have had my Zetec s for about 3 weeks now and I still don't know what the Eco switch does. I know there

Was a thread about it a few weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone have found out any more information.

I have yet to give her a good run so I don't know as yet how much fuel i am using. I do know going into Eco mode makes the engine very flat. Thanks

It improves fuel consumption by

Reducing ac comfort

Reduces acceleration and cruise control recovery

Prevents overboost

It basically ruins the car and takes the fun out of it.

Just read that other thread about it, that would drive me nuts it being on by default and always having to turn it off, glad its not on the 2014 model, wouldn't use it much anyway I don't think.

One thing that does drive me nuts though is the massive passenger air bag stickers on the sun visor - euro legislation gone mad, need to think of a good way of covering it!

• Like 1

I've got sept 15 1.0 125 ecoboost and can honestly say I've yet to use this button but I may turn it on for a week and see if my MPG improves at all and report back with how boring it is [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies I think I will pretend that switch is not there as I bought the car to have fun. If I wanted a boring car I would have bought a Vauxhall

Can it be fit onto an ST? My mpg is poor so this button may help me by not being able to drive like a loon.

• Like 2

Can it be fit onto an ST? My mpg is poor so this button may help me by not being able to drive like a loon.

The button can probably be fitted. It just won't work.

You accepted the poor MPG when you bought an ST :)

True, if you want great performance and great economy buy a Tesla, but then again it doesn't really fall into the same price range

• Like 1

The new beochure states.

Ford EcoSelect.

Available on 1.0EcoBoost 125PS engines, amends engine calibration (reduced peak power and torque} to optimise fuel economy at the push of a button. For maximum torque and throttle response simply switch back to standard mode.

• 4 weeks later...

Isn't that what the accelerator pedal is for.... :P

• Like 1

I tried the Eco button for about 15 mins once, hated it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What next,press a button and floor opens so you push the thing :)

yabadabadoo flintstones here we come.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club