Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another Hyrule Dashcam Vid.

Hyrule

Been awhile but I always like to share some special vids with the club.

Had this special BMW driver on my case this evening. Cold and wet, you think would promote a sensible level of driving, but no.

So he tailgates me to the traffic light. As we pull off he is again right up my rear bumper. Gets angry and overtakes almost hitting oncoming traffic.

Also the car to my left was thinking of cutting infront but thankfully sped up, indicated and moved across, but could have been much much worse:

• Like 1

Please tell me you have referred this to the local police force...

• Like 4

Yeah I did report him. I'll post the rear cam bit later, forgot about that. ;)

I saw you mention reporting dash cam footage to the police in another post James, how does it work when this happens? How easy is it for the police to prosecute you using video footage from a 3rd party?

• Like 2

Good footage, that could have gone wrong for a few cars there,

Is that a 30mph road?, pretty sure there's a speed camera on the other side of the road.

Yup 30mph road and the camera catches speed as well as ppl driving through the red lights.

Tbh with police budget cuts and that evil home secretary I don't think police have the time or manpower, however there is the MET roadsafe initiative which aims to raise awareness for bad drivers. I reported it using the online form and linked my youtube video. They normally send the registered owner a letter warning them about their driving and refer them to any youtube vids etc

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/roadsafelondon

I saw you mention reporting dash cam footage to the police in another post James, how does it work when this happens? How easy is it for the police to prosecute you using video footage from a 3rd party?

Nice and simple, especially if you can get a witness. If you get a witness, and you have CCTV, then you can almost guarantee they will be prosecuted.

I tend to call 101, and report an incident of bad driving, they then give an email address you can send a link to the footage, you then complete a questionnaire, and if you can refer to potential witnesses, they too would be contacted. Even if you just give them the number plates of the passing (nearly collided) vehicle, or others immediately surrounding you.

The police want to get idiots like this kicked in the ghoolies as often as we do, but a lack of manpower means they cannot be everywhere to see it, using CCTV and witness testimony, you help them to get these idiots off the road, making their jobs easier. Its essentially community policing.

Different forces have different rules, some will take the footage alone and prosecute, others (like Kent) tend to insist on the need of an independent witness, to ensure they get a successful prosecution.

Report it to them, if nothing else (i.e. they cant prosecute this time!) then the plate is their for next time, so when the police see that plate again, they use it all as part of their investigation. a young idiot living on my road, used to ride a scooter. I reported him to the police with video footage, and they had also had similar reports, they came round, took my statement and footage and off they tot. Next thing I know, they are investigating him and reporting him for dangerous driving, and his father had the sense to sell the bike and tell him to grow up.

Seriously, this sort of footage, is gold for police, its basically the Police eye. They can see exactly what happened, and when backed up by witnesses, its pretty much a dead cert they will be going to court, and losing!

Yup 30mph road and the camera catches speed as well as ppl driving through the red lights.

Tbh with police budget cuts and that evil home secretary I don't think police have the time or manpower, however there is the MET roadsafe initiative which aims to raise awareness for bad drivers. I reported it using the online form and linked my youtube video. They normally send the registered owner a letter warning them about their driving and refer them to any youtube vids etc

http://content.met.police.uk/Site/roadsafelondon

Thats it, basically, the lack of manpower means they cannot be there to see and prosecute, but you can help them do it.

I have now handed in around 6 video's to the police, all of which would have otherwise been and gone, and the driver would have gotten away with it. one got 6 points and massive fines (the corsa who crashed into me). One lost his license, one has lost his bike and still under progress, the other three are complex investigations which are taking their time. One for theft, one criminal damage, and one still branded "bad driving" as they are still ongoing.

6 people who otherwise would have been out there to do it again, sadly have me to thank for their misery.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/17/2015 at 11:19 AM, jeebowhite said:

Nice and simple, especially if you can get a witness. If you get a witness, and you have CCTV, then you can almost guarantee they will be prosecuted.

I tend to call 101, and report an incident of bad driving, they then give an email address you can send a link to the footage, you then complete a questionnaire, and if you can refer to potential witnesses, they too would be contacted. Even if you just give them the number plates of the passing (nearly collided) vehicle, or others immediately surrounding you.

The police want to get idiots like this kicked in the ghoolies as often as we do, but a lack of manpower means they cannot be everywhere to see it, using CCTV and witness testimony, you help them to get these idiots off the road, making their jobs easier. Its essentially community policing.

Different forces have different rules, some will take the footage alone and prosecute, others (like Kent) tend to insist on the need of an independent witness, to ensure they get a successful prosecution.

Report it to them, if nothing else (i.e. they cant prosecute this time!) then the plate is their for next time, so when the police see that plate again, they use it all as part of their investigation. a young idiot living on my road, used to ride a scooter. I reported him to the police with video footage, and they had also had similar reports, they came round, took my statement and footage and off they tot. Next thing I know, they are investigating him and reporting him for dangerous driving, and his father had the sense to sell the bike and tell him to grow up.

Seriously, this sort of footage, is gold for police, its basically the Police eye. They can see exactly what happened, and when backed up by witnesses, its pretty much a dead cert they will be going to court, and losing!

Thats it, basically, the lack of manpower means they cannot be there to see and prosecute, but you can help them do it.

I have now handed in around 6 video's to the police, all of which would have otherwise been and gone, and the driver would have gotten away with it. one got 6 points and massive fines (the corsa who crashed into me). One lost his license, one has lost his bike and still under progress, the other three are complex investigations which are taking their time. One for theft, one criminal damage, and one still branded "bad driving" as they are still ongoing.

6 people who otherwise would have been out there to do it again, sadly have me to thank for their misery.

So let me get this right....... if you report them the driver gets a link to YOUR youtube video on YOUR youtube channel where you have taken the time to put it up for all and sundry to have a look at. I don't know about you but my youtube channel is linked to my email address and an email address can surely be tracked back if some certain undesirable requires too??? It will only take you reporting the wrong person one day and I hate to think of the consequences, the police don't have enough man power to deal with what they have to do currently.

What would it take for someone who has been reported by you to find out where you stay find out what you drive then start a wee spree of petty crime against you? at the very least!!  How much are wing mirrors on a car to be replaced, side of the car to be resprayed after being keyed...a few hundred quid.  If they are driving like that god only knows what they are capable of especially if they have been reported and lost their driving job which they had to support their numerous kids and wife.

How much is the Police paying for these videos? I don't see them coming forward and offering to do my work for me! Its not your fault or mine that there budgets have been cut and they don't have the man power on the ground to catch everyone. 

call me cynical but is it really worth the hassle? and god for bid they knock someone down or cause an accident then its fully down to the police for not doing their jobs, not because Mr Jones never reported it after capturing it on his dash cam. yet another excuse for the police to wash their hands of responsibility. The more of their jobs we do for them the further the cuts in budget will happen.

I myself have been toying with the idea of a dash cam as I am a professional driver ( Class 1 HGV) and see some horrendous driving out on the roads but I personally would refrain from putting the data from it on a publicly accessible video sharing website or giving it to the police via such means.  They are a tool for insurance companies to assist with their investigations when deaing with a claim.

Just my opinion and my thoughts.........interesting to hear yours.......

I do see your point. Thing is, I do agree with it.

For me though, if they are so idiotic to drive like this, then they probably don't have much in the way of braincells.

The fact is I have got one idiot on his last warning he has all my name and address details.

More often than not, they don't see the video. It goes to the office and if they show the video that's their prerogative.

Very few people have the skills to track a person down by an email address alone, if they have the ability, let them do it, let them try find my car. If these idiots want to go as far as to kill me over their bad driving, again let them come. Very few people would be psycho enough or idiotic enough to come after a video on YouTube, and if they are they won't have the logical process to track someone down from nothing.

I do my bit for the police, I don't expect them to do my job, but I have a duty to myself and to my self respect and others to at least try and take an idiot who causes such incidents to have them educated and prevent that from taking someone out. Getting a letter from the police saying they are aware of a bad driving report, would prevent some from being idiots. If your dealing with a nutter though, they don't tend to have enough braincells to be able to realise they are driving like a nutter, so they have little chance of finding me.

Police in these times need support from the public, cuts will happen regardless of public support. I would rather take a chance of getting an idiot off the road and potentially saving a serious accident.

Besides, if they manage to track my car down and attack it, there's a dashcam to record it. If nothing else they will probably try to steal it most likely leaving dna somewhere along the lines...

That's my thoughts anyway. In fact I set a challenge, if anyone can track down all my personal details and provide my registration, a prize may need to be in order. If you think you have found me pm me. :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, CJMathie83 said:

I myself have been toying with the idea of a dash cam as I am a professional driver ( Class 1 HGV) and see some horrendous driving out on the roads but I personally would refrain from putting the data from it on a publicly accessible video sharing website or giving it to the police via such means.  They are a tool for insurance companies to assist with their investigations when deaing with a claim.

Just my opinion and my thoughts.........interesting to hear yours.......

I captured a HGV hitting a car last year, I had no problem waiting around (45min) to give footage to the Traffic Police,

The HGV driver was in shock, I went to talk to him and reassured him I had footage of the crash and he was not at fault.

I made post about it (see link below). Police asked for a copy of the video and I directed Insurance Company to my post instead of filling out witness forms.

I haven't sent anything into the Police for bad driving yet, maybe I would if there was a risk to safety,

I think this footage I got would be worthy of being sent to Police for poor driving as a man and kid could have been injured or killed,

But due to poor light and the cars speed the camera can't make out the number plate, so not much they could do with it.