• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bristolblue

bristolblue

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk11, Focus 1.6
Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

Hi there. I got a Focus 2006 Mk2 1.6 with 20,000miles. I seem to have some sort of knocking noise when i let the clutch out a little to quick when pulling away in first gear. It also seems to happen when i go from 1st to 2nd. If i let the clutch out really slowly, the knock seems not to be there. Could it be engine/gearboxs mounts!!!
Thanks for any info or help
BR
Steve

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jock0909

jock0909

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 tdci
Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Yes, it could be the engine/gearbox mountings, check them first and that the exhaust manifold>downpipe is secure.

#3 old cruiser

old cruiser

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Ford Model: wife's 2006 Fiesta 1.25 [Climate]

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

Hi there. I got a Focus 2006 Mk2 1.6 with 20,000miles. I seem to have some sort of knocking noise when i let the clutch out a little to quick when pulling away in first gear. It also seems to happen when i go from 1st to 2nd. If i let the clutch out really slowly, the knock seems not to be there. Could it be engine/gearboxs mounts!!!
Thanks for any info or help
BR
Steve

Got the same with my 2005 MKII and only has 4,000 miles on it. Been into fords a couple of time with it regarding this issue and first thing they suspected was one of the gearbox mounts had some play in it, so that was changed but noise is still there, went back with it again and they said they would give it a thorough going over, found nothing faulty anywhere, all they did say was that it was something to do with the gearbox end float , where the driveshaft locates in the gearbox and due to the play in the driveshafts (if you grip the driveshaft and move it in a sideways direction there is play here, but shouldn't be play if you try to move them in direction of rotation which it doesn't) and hence when taking up drive you get this knocking sound , they say this is normal on these and nothing wrong!! can't help thinking this is the usual fob off!!
Cheers Pete

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users