Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mk1

Nottingham5

Hi All,

New to the group, I have a Ford Focus mk1 1.6 automatic, no issues up until now!

Where to start ...

When pressing the brake to slow down there's a noise coming from the front of the car (suspected brake pads/discs)

With it being an auto if I keep my foot on the brake pedal my car starts making a hicup/chugging sound which can be felt on the steering wheel - to stop it I put it in park and handbrake

Any ideas as it's driving me crazy!!

(Nothing appeared on the diagnostic machine)

sounds to me like its probably a warped disk?

I'm going to change both pads and discs to see if it eliminates the issue

definitely worth it, you can get some on eBay cheap enough. I bought all four corners, a disk and pads on there, £90 in total, still got them on, not had an issue and they are superb.

Don't forget to smear the metal to metal contact areas with copper paste.A smear on the back of the disc where there is contact with the hub is a good idea as well,this might prevent squeaks.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Smashing thanks so much for your help it's appreciated! Everything took on board and in the mechanics on Sunday!!

Brakes changed no change we've found major play in the diff so going to change gearbox ... Anyone know what's transmission fluid is needed it's a 1.6 auto mk1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club