Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Mk 2 Focus Tdci Estate - Rear Wheel Brakes / Increased Resistance

Sst99pro

Hi All,

Question about my Focus. Came back from holiday after a week away and cold weather at home.

Took off handbrake which stuck until I reversed out of the car parking space, but it still feels there is a little more rolling resistance than normal when I drive the car. Main points:

-Handbrake disengages completely....not slack when it's down. No hand brake light on either, so that's all fine.

-Fuel consumption has gone up by 25% (although I am not doing a weekly 80 miles round trip on a dual carriageway during the winter, only combined city/country driving)

-Slight noise coming from rear right wheel but not from others when car is rolling slowly, doesn't sound like the brake though

So, I'm thinking the bearing, but how could that have just decided to break while I was away? Car is parked in secure location outside.

Any ideas?

This weekend I will jack the rear up and compare the rolling resistance of each rear wheel to see what's up and report back.

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club