Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Far Ye Fae Then?

jmurray01

Had no idea what this thread was about based on the title until I read the first post, lol.

I was born in Poole, Dorset. It was (and still is afaik), the main maternity unit serving Bournemouth, Poole and the surrounding area.

First 5 years of my life was spent in Bearwood, which is actually part of Poole, but when I lived there it was always referred to as Bournemouth (and still might be) as it was right on the border (sounded better for the address apparently).

Then from 5 until I was 19 we lived in Moordown, Bournemouth.

Currently in the East Dorset area, so haven't moved that far, but it is enough to get away from the chaos of a busy town (although with the size of Bournemouth and Poole it should be a city).

I would consider Dorset to be my home, don't feel that tied to a particular location, although it would be nice if I can afford to stay in East Dorset when I buy my first place.

• Like 1

born in paisley ( for the jocks on here) lived in Germany when younger then England for couple of years moved too this heathen land Ireland 2005 wife would kill me me if she seen this post.

would like to move back some time in the future" no place like home" :D

• Like 1

From sunny Croydon in se London, moved to bath, then Southampton, back to Croydon a few times, guernsey, Cheltenham and now deep in the sunny depths of Stroud way Gloucestershire

My plan is emigrate when the time is right, just waiting to see if this country gets any worse. ;)

Dont think it can get any worse.

It will do if the idiot Corbyn & his bunch of retards get anywhere near No 10 :(

• Like 5

At least I have some hope (Scottish Independence), you guys will always have Westminster :lol:

I'm a little confused about Scottish independence, especially as the Sturgeon wants to stay in & be ruled by the E.U. dictators, quite how any Country can be independent & in the E.U. defeats me :(

• Like 3

It will do if the idiot Corbyn & his bunch of retards get anywhere near No 10 :(

Let's just hope him being Labour Leader makes the party even more unpopular!

• Like 6

I'm sure it has already done so amongst the voters that have a brain, problem is, in too many parts of the country, one could tie a red flag to a donkey, or housebrick, call it a Labour M.P. & plenty of sheeple will vote for it :(

• Like 2

Born Edinburgh, stay in Livingston but drive up to Forres often, nice ice cream shop at Lossie and the crown & anchor in Findhorn's got the best fish I've ever had!

Yes, I work just outside Forres in the Enterprise Park.

My plan is emigrate when the time is right, just waiting to see if this country gets any worse. ;)

I think you mean "waiting for the country to get worse", not "if".

Want a bet?

That's the best laugh I've had all year!! Surprised that the word "retards" wasn't censored to be honest, or else I'd have used it well before now! :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

I think his face when Hilary Benn made his plea for air strikes said it all. He isn't fit to lead Labour or any other party. Mind you, neither is David Cameron - but at least his party support his decisions.

• Like 2

On the topic of Australia, I was actually born and bred there. Came to the UK in 2010, been living here since.

Incredible landscapes, beautiful weather, amazing food, incredibly laid-back and friendly people. Oh, and we also have Aussie-built Fords as well, with turbo 6's and big V8's (thanks to cheaper petrol). :driving:

• Like 3

On the topic of Australia, I was actually born and bred there. Came to the UK in 2010, been living here since.

Incredible landscapes, beautiful weather, amazing food, incredibly laid-back and friendly people. Oh, and we also have Aussie-built Fords as well, with turbo 6's and big V8's (thanks to cheaper petrol). :driving:

Why did you leave ?

• Like 3

Why did you leave ?

Are you calling me dumb? :P

Mainly due to my father's job, so it was my whole family that moved. I will admit that there are more job opportunities in the UK, for the engineering/IT sector.

• Like 1

Well the U.K. does have some incredible landscapes & . . . . . umm . . & . . . . . umm - well some of the people are friendly too . . :)

• Like 2

Blimey, living in Australia must make this country feel even worse than it already is!

Ever plan on going back?

Well the U.K. does have some incredible landscapes & . . . . . umm . . & . . . . . umm - well some of the people are friendly too . . :)

You are really making the UK seem desirable Mark! To be honest, it isn't desirable at all, so pointless trying.

• Like 2

Had no idea what this thread was about based on the title until I read the first post, lol.

I was born in Poole, Dorset. It was (and still is afaik), the main maternity unit serving Bournemouth, Poole and the surrounding area.

First 5 years of my life was spent in Bearwood, which is actually part of Poole, but when I lived there it was always referred to as Bournemouth (and still might be) as it was right on the border (sounded better for the address apparently).

Then from 5 until I was 19 we lived in Moordown, Bournemouth.

Currently in the East Dorset area, so haven't moved that far, but it is enough to get away from the chaos of a busy town (although with the size of Bournemouth and Poole it should be a city).

I would consider Dorset to be my home, don't feel that tied to a particular location, although it would be nice if I can afford to stay in East Dorset when I buy my first place.

Bearwood is one of those odd things, that have historically moved about. It was part of Bournemouth certainly until relatively recently.

I've got a mate in King John Avenue, he uses Bournemouth on his address but his wheelie bin is emptied by Poole Council. I think currently, the actual boundary is in the middle of A348, one side is Poole and the other Bournemouth

The three towns scheme which was started to be discussed about 45 years ago, and is still ongoing, was/is supposed merge Bournemouth, Poole & East Dorset into "Wessex City"

Bearwood is one of those odd things, that have historically moved about. It was part of Bournemouth certainly until relatively recently.

I've got a mate in King John Avenue, he uses Bournemouth on his address but his wheelie bin is emptied by Poole Council. I think currently, the actual boundary is in the middle of A348, one side is Poole and the other Bournemouth

The three towns scheme which was started to be discussed about 45 years ago, and is still ongoing, was/is supposed merge Bournemouth, Poole & East Dorset into "Wessex City"

We used to live on King Richard drive in bearwood.

I was reading about that merger not that long ago. I know East dorset has pulled out now. Which I'm glad about as it really isn't like Bournemouth and Poole. Christchurch could maybe merge but not north of the stour. It is more rural this side of the river.

We used to live on King Richard drive in bearwood.

I was reading about that merger not that long ago. I know East dorset has pulled out now. Which I'm glad about as it really isn't like Bournemouth and Poole. Christchurch could maybe merge but not north of the stour. It is more rural this side of the river.

That's quite good if East Dorset has pulled out.

I agree, Christchurch aside, East Dorset isn't suitable for merging into what has become an urban sprawl with a city-like demographic. They'll probably be discussing it for the next 45 years too.

The dog and I often do the long weekend walk alongside the Stour, although we've yet to do the whole length from Christchurch to Stourhead!

• Like 1

I keep hearing that everyone is much more friendly up north, but I've never been north of Gloucestershire or Ipswich. London definitely grabs the prize for "unfriendliness" however. :rolleyes:

Blimey, living in Australia must make this country feel even worse than it already is!

Ever plan on going back?

Possibly, not in the short term though.

You are really making the UK seem desirable Mark! To be honest, it isn't desirable at all, so pointless trying.

Haha Jamie, is it me or do you sound ever so slightly pessimistic! :P

Australia isn't all fun... The spiders and heat would put me off lol!

I'd prefer a European place tbh, Swiss Alps maybe... :)

Australia isn't all fun... The spiders and heat would put me off lol!

I'd prefer a European place tbh, Swiss Alps maybe... :)

plus all those things called snakes 10 most poisonious

Haha Jamie, is it me or do you sound ever so slightly pessimistic! :P

No, I sound very pessimistic! ;)

No, I sound very pessimistic! ;)

Could that be pissedimistic . . . . :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club