Do Not Sell My Personal Information

15 Inch Steel Wheels - Finding A Replacement

fusion66

Fusie 1.4tdi, 04 reg.

Following damaging a front 15" wheel I have been trying for several days to find a replacement from Devon car breakers. Always, the responce is the same - 'we don't have any'. So, are the steel wheels unique to the Fusion?

I doubt it, and having checked Fiestas on 55 and 58 plates think that maybe they are the same -, paticularly the 55 plate one I looked at. Even the wheels trims seem identical and both vehicles have R15 tyres - same as my Fusion2.

Does anyone know if the same wheels are fitted to other Fords?

Ta muchly.

Dave F66

Type in to e bay, Breaking Ford Fusion plus nearest in filter and you should find plenty

Thanks Fused -

Result is none near - Bristol is nearest at 70 miles away

Dave F66

Also try other Ford models - Fiesta, Mk1 Focus etc

The link above will also give you a list of alternative models to search for.

Well after much searching and finding nothing local I checked several online suppliers.

Oponeo (oponeo.co.uk) have 15" steel wheels for £36 delivered.

Specs look ok but Sean's 'Which Wheels' list shows the offset as 35 - 45.Oponeo's list shows theirs as 52.5

I shall be replacing one wheel (the damaged one) and then need to have tracking set up. My repairer has a laser type aligner, so the question is with the new wheel on the rear and an original on the front (both same side) will this give problems when aligning the tracking ?

The device relies on a laser unit hung on each of the front wheels and a scale hung on each of the rear wheels. Tracking is adjusted so a laser spot hits each scale according to the 'toe in'. I'm sure this is all schoolboy trig stuff but maybe only correct with identical wheels.

Any ideas on this one please?

Ta muchly.

David G - fusion66

• 2 weeks later...

Update - 16/1/16

Checking the online Ford parts catalogue I found the correct part number. Original direct from Ford = £76.00. Supplier in Germany £36.00, Allen Ford, Northampton (0345 5050035) £30.33 delivered in 2 days. Saving = £45.67 (all wheels are new)

Wheel is original Ford with Ford part number sticker.

I searched amazon to find this.

David G, F66

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club