Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dashcam Purchased.

simcor

Went for a Nextbase 302G as it had all the functions I wanted on it. Seems OK so far. Also got 12 quid off with my Halfrauds discount card. Bought a 32gig memory card with it as well at the same time.

Will get some footage up when I get chance.

I can vouch for the 402; got mine for £80 and couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

I hate not having a camera in my car now,

last week I forgot to get it out of my bag before going shopping,

and it actually felt strange without it, like I wasn't 'protected'.

Even if it's not you involved in an accident, it's helpful if you're a witness to something,

I filmed this footage back in July, I just popped the MicroSD card into my phone to show the Police what happened,

The Insurance company for the hire-car that got hit were happy with the video instead of me filling in forms.

• Like 1

I was glad of my dashcam this morning, spotted a biker approaching the mini roundabout - looked for any signal wasn't any so proceeded with caution only to spot him growling up my backside... I'll have a go at getting the front facing footage up later

It's wiped now as I forgot to get him to upload it. But. What do you mean? Being tailgated by a biker might not go down well? :ermm:

Tempted to get a dashcam in my car at some point - how much more does it put on the insurance?

How much more? Why would you think having a camera recording your driving would increase insurance premiums? At the moment it (unfortunately) doesn't bring them down any, but certainly won't put them up.

• Like 1

1080p is only 4:3

Night

Day

Probably not the best quality out there but for the money not bad at all.

Got it set back to 720p which is 16:9 for now.

Still playing around with it, but think I have now found the best position for it in the window.

1080p is only 4:3

Night

Day

Probably not the best quality out there but for the money not bad at all.

Got it set back to 720p which is 16:9 for now.

Still playing around with it, but think I have now found the best position for it in the window.

Is it dead in the middle? I have put mine on the passenger side at an angle so it covers the entire road but is slightly disproportionate.

Thanks to Nissan's design of the dashboard (having a massive ruddy instrument cluster in the middle) I am limited in other places to put it that doesn't obscure the line of view.

How much more? Why would you think having a camera recording your driving would increase insurance premiums? At the moment it (unfortunately) doesn't bring them down any, but certainly won't put them up.

I noticed it classed as a modification when I was looking at insurance quotes when I bought my mk6 Fiesta.

My insurance went down by about £120 for having a dash cam, I did notice when ringing round some don't care about dash cams, while some want the bigger named brands rather than ones off eBay or adapted cameras such as the Mobius option some have. Swiftcover offer the best discount and are happy with any camera regardless of make.

My insurance went down by about £120 for having a dash cam, I did notice when ringing round some don't care about dash cams, while some want the bigger named brands rather than ones off ebay or adapted cameras such as the Mobius option some have. Swiftcover offer the best discount and are happy with any camera regardless of make.

Thanks for the info, I will have a chat with my insurers to see if it makes a difference for my policy or not, will be sorting out insurance again in the next few months so that's good to know.

• 7 months later...

Sad to report that my car battery died this week, so bought a new 5 year guarantee Yuasa Silver battery from Halfords today.

Got home after fitting new battery and took dashcam out as I wanted some footage of it and noticed it was displaying some message on the screen whilst I was on the motorway.

Having tried to take the SD card out it would not come out, then noticed a bulge on the front of the camera, managed to get the SD card and adaptor out eventually, shone light into the card slot and sure enough the battery has bulged out badly, distorting the plastic on the front and also causing damage to the SD card slot.

Not good at all so will be going back to Halford's in the morning, not even had it a year yet. Needless to say i will not be having another 302G after this and not sure I even want to stick with Nextbase either, as if I do stick with it then I want the 512G which is quite a bit more expensive.

Not to mention I wonder if this is what has killed my battery as I was having no issues with the car battery at all, and from Memory it could only be 4 years old maximum.

So based on my experience of the 302G now I would not recommend it to anyone!!!

I think the dashcam is one of the best thing i got as well as my cheap tracker.

Cost me £70 off eBay and in the middle and aint seen a lot of them about,good fun as well to look back at some weird people driving.

Ended up going with the 512g in the end cost me an extra 60 quid but seems well worth it. The polarizing filter is really good at reducing glare and reflections. Quality is so much better and clearer. All in all probably the one i should have bought in the first place.

Some footage from my new 512G.

Still not good at reading number plates at night though, daytime pretty much fine.

Quality is much better, polarising filter gets rid of reflections in the window but I really need to clean my windscreen inside and out lol

Raw footage is clearer obviously as Youtube does degrade the quality a fair bit.

I've upgraded fairly recently to a 512g too, though it wasn't there for my accident annoyingly as it's a hardwired in jobby.  Anyway I have a habit of reading aloud numberplates for the benefit of the dashcam so if it doesn't pick them up very well (dirty windscreen), I still have the reg

• Like 1

Must admit the microphone is a lot better on this camera too, but tbh I would probably forget to read out a numberplate if I needed too, but I may just switch the mic back on and start trying to do so.

• Like 2

I turn my mic off as when someone cuts me up or like that the language aint fit to share.

I tend to go for a dashcam that you cant see like hidden a bit from outside or as small as i can,mine is on the plastic mirror cover so

cant see anything on the window like a sucker/sticker,i have a spare Mobius V2 new that i rate in a big way just no screen but loads of setting online.

and very small to hide,my spare just in case mine breaks.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club