Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cam For Tinted Windows

b1g_dav3

Hey folks,

I have 2 questions that I feel with the amount of dashcams running about someone should be able to help me with!

I'm looking for a dash cam that is good enough to pick out a good level of detail through tinted glass, it's for the back of my car and I have factory tint's so nothing too dark but I feel may be dark enough to cause an issue or two.

So question 1 is does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not wanting to go too pricey as it's a rear cam and not as important as the front (of which I have a Nextbase 402G which is a brilliant dashcam to say the least!), but then I do want a decent picture so has to be of a minimum 720p obviously; though it doesn't need features such as GPS and the like as the 402G has me covered there.

Second question is are there any drawbacks from having 2 dash cams powered through the same power outlet? I run my front cam to the rear outlet as seeing I didn't notice that I had one for 3 years in my previous Fiesta (and probably the 18 months of the one previous to that) then I feel it may as well; however I'd run the second from the same spot too most likely.

Also a sneaky third question - anyone got any ideas for blanking off the screen temporarily? I want one with a screen for ease of use, but I don't want a tiny view of what's going on behind me being a pain in low light :P

Thanks guys!

On your third sneaky question

My screen automatically switches off after 5 seconds of starting the car, you can program it to stay on for up to 30 seconds, mine's a Lukas 9750HD 2Ch system

I assumed all dashcams did this, but may be it's only the ones aimed at the commercial driver do this (which mine is supposed to be for)

As you say, it would be quite a distraction otherwise

Seems the 202 I have at the moment on loan (from mum) does indeed allow to turn the screen off which is good, that's one down :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club