Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1992 Mk3 steering noise

fiesta2b

Hi, newbie here. ;) Hoping to go and buy a Mk3 fiesta tomorrow. Had a test drive on Friday and it was good, but there is a clunking noise occasionally when turning steering wheel. Feels like the steering is "sticking", or somehting is getting trapped, then released . It only really happens when moving wheel form side to side and does not affect steering at all.

Seller, says its done it for years and she has had it checked etc.

Is it likely to be somehting serious/expensive?

I also assume it is not supposed to have power steering

Thanks in advance

Looking forward to getting my first fiesta, and hope to kind of restore it as its a bit run down/rusty etc.

Hi, newbie here. ;) Hoping to go and buy a Mk3 fiesta tomorrow. Had a test drive on Friday and it was good, but there is a clunking noise occasionally when turning steering wheel. Feels like the steering is "sticking", or somehting is getting trapped, then released . It only really happens when moving wheel form side to side and does not affect steering at all.

Thanks in advance

Looking forward to getting my first fiesta, and hope to kind of restore it as its a bit run down/rusty etc.

Maybe the steering rack mate if you don't mind me asking how much you paying for the car.

Maybe the steering rack mate if you don't mind me asking how much you paying for the car.

Thanks for the reply. I have got it down to £395

Thanks in advance

£395 is a bit much for a 1992 fiesta will that be a k reg you say its a bit run down and rusty also its depends on what millage is on it how many owners it had service history etc also what is your budget on buying a car if you don't mind me asking and beware if the seller is saying to you they had that steering knocking noise checked they will tell you anything to sell the car mate.

Hello again mate just been haveing a look on eBay there are some nice little bargin fiesta's out there i don't know if they are close to you like but me personally i would keep my options open but the end of the day its going to be you car and your money i just don't like to see people being ripped off

Hello again mate just been haveing a look on ebay there are some nice little bargin fiesta's out there i don't know if they are close to you like but me personally i would keep my options open but the end of the day its going to be you car and your money i just don't like to see people being ripped off

Cheers again. I am up in North East fo Scotland, and theres damn few cheap cars to be had up here. :lol:

Cheers again. I am up in North East fo Scotland, and theres damn few cheap cars to be had up here. :lol:

Having said that, there is another one advertised, with faulty central locking. Cheaper, but newer, and with less miles etc. Is it an easy enough/cheap enough fix? I am competent with most car repairs

http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/60/46196460.html

Having said that, there is another one advertised, with faulty central locking. Cheaper, but newer, and with less miles etc. Is it an easy enough/cheap enough fix? I am competent with most car repairs

http://aberdeen.gumtree.com/aberdeen/60/46196460.html

Would'nt know on central locking mate but its sounds better than the other one that we were taiking about.

Have a good look on eBay there are hundreds of nice fiesta's or autotrader might even get yeh self a good bargin.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there I had that on my Mk3 Fiesta it was just the universal joint on 5the steering rack an I bouhht mine for about a tenner or so at the time from my local car spares shop. It may even be easier with some WD 40 on it and it will losen the rust of itelf with use. The joint just siezes a little bit. I have a Mk 4 now and it looks as though they have put a plastic collar around it to stop the water and damp getting in

Hi there I had that on my Mk3 Fiesta it was just the universal joint on 5the steering rack an I bouhht mine for about a tenner or so at the time from my local car spares shop. It may even be easier with some WD 40 on it and it will losen the rust of itelf with use. The joint just siezes a little bit. I have a Mk 4 now and it looks as though they have put a plastic collar around it to stop the water and damp getting in

Cheers mate. I'll have a look at that. I'm starting to get my hands dirty in this car, so look forward to sorting some fo the niggles.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club