Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Motorhead :(

Ianb

Poor Lemmy is no longer in this world.

I saw motorhead a few times live, got given a bass pick by Lemmy and had hoped to see them this coming year.

I discovered Motorhead about 15-20 years ago and was surprised that he was still alive then, how he lived to 70 is beyond me. But it was a pleasure to have listened to Lemmys music live and I'll continually to offend people by listening to it loud in the future.

• Like 3

Contrary to what he sang, I thought he would live for ever!

Saw this quote of his earlier.....My ethic is: ‘Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.’ You can be as careful as you want, but you’re going to die anyway, so why not have fun?"

I started liking Motorhead 35 odd years ago just to p*** off folk who hated them! Always wanted to go and see them but never got round to it.

Rock In Peace Lemmy \m/

• Like 2

They were actually the first big band I ever saw... Well, they were headlining so I saw a couple bands before. Absolutely amazing, and loud!

• Like 1

What a blow tho'. Diagnosed on Boxing Day and gone 2 days later. Yeah his body was fkd but he was the icons icon. A True Rocker. Poor ole Eddie. Phil gone only a couple of months ago and now Lemmy. The music will live on forever and I'll keep playing it loud just as I have been for the past near 40 years.

• Like 2

Least the poor bugger didn't linger and suffer. I'm having a motorhead evening on Spotify, don't have any bourbon, so resorting to navy rum instead....

• Like 2

I reminded all my Rock/Metal friends to have a drink or 3 in celebration of his life. We all did. Buggre my 3am start I still had a couple of newky browns. Wondering if he'll go back to roadiing for Hendrix when he gets to that great gig in the sky.

• Like 1

I reminded all my Rock/Metal friends to have a drink or 3 in celebration of his life. We all did. Buggre my 3am start I still had a couple of newky browns. Wondering if he'll go back to roadiing for Hendrix when he gets to that great gig in the sky.

Doubt it, he'll be meeting up with Taylor and rocking out!

Least the poor bugger didn't linger and suffer. I'm having a motorhead evening on Spotify, don't have any bourbon, so resorting to navy rum instead....

Would that be Lambs Navy Rum ?.

I'm kind of all for it, except for 'ace of spades'.... Even Lemmy himself was sick of it.... He said that motorhead had many good songs, better than ace of spades, yet that was the song everyone went for...

One of my favourite was "just cos you got the power (doesn't mean you have the right)"

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club