Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync Bt Audio Shenanigans

Mental_Atom

Hey Guys!

I'm having a weird issue with my Ford Sync... my phone connects fine over bluetooth for signal/SMS/etc. but whenever I try and play BT audio it immediately disconnects (but the other parts stay connected, like the signal display).

I can go onto BT audio with music paused and it'll say "Connect a device", but then the moment I press play it'll flash up for a second with the track/album name and then "Disconnect" so no audio comes through. It was working fine for ages just started doing this recently!

Any suggestions?

Had the same happen with my ST.

Took it Ford's who argued for ages saying it was my phone and then finally disconnected the battery and all was fine again.

Few months later it started happening again but when they hooked it up to the diagnostics they said they have to disconnect battery first which made it work again so no faults showed up! They said if it happened again they would replace the head unit.

I was getting a new car soon after anyway so didn't bother going back. Did manage to get it working occasionally by doing a few master resets in a row. Maybe give that a try for now.

Had the same happen with my ST.

Took it Ford's who argued for ages saying it was my phone and then finally disconnected the battery and all was fine again.

Few months later it started happening again but when they hooked it up to the diagnostics they said they have to disconnect battery first which made it work again so no faults showed up! They said if it happened again they would replace the head unit.

I was getting a new car soon after anyway so didn't bother going back. Did manage to get it working occasionally by doing a few master resets in a row. Maybe give that a try for now.

So try a master reset on the head unit and if that fails then take it to Ford? (or just unplug the battery for a hard reset to cut out the middle man)

Yeah.. I had to do a few resets in a row to get it work.

If its the same as mine, disconnecting the battery is only a temporary fix so I'd just take it straight to ford. I'd also try a different phone just to confirm as they'll most likely ask this first.

If its the same as mine, disconnecting the battery is only a temporary fix so I'd just take it straight to ford. I'd also try a different phone just to confirm as they'll most likely ask this first.

Okay cool, I'll try that thanks! It was all going so well... I'm sure Ford will sort it though (hopefully).

I'm not too popular at my local dealer, I never buy from them but I only to go get then to do warranty stuff for free (and the occasional service) :P Ah well

It got worse! Drove my car today for the first time since christmas and now the bluetooth won't work *at all* - In the SYNC menu its unticked, when I tick it it'll say it's on, then next time I look at the menu it's unticked again like it turned right off.. and naturally won't connect to anything now!

To Ford I go!

It got worse! Drove my car today for the first time since christmas and now the bluetooth won't work *at all* - In the SYNC menu its unticked, when I tick it it'll say it's on, then next time I look at the menu it's unticked again like it turned right off.. and naturally won't connect to anything now!

To Ford I go!

Had the same issue with mine. My dad is a mechanic for Ford, he unplugged my bluetooth unit (under the glove box). Left it 5 mins and Haven't had a problem since

Had the same issue with mine. My dad is a mechanic for Ford, he unplugged my Bluetooth unit (under the glove box). Left it 5 mins and Haven't had a problem since

Yeah I'll take it to my local dealer and they can sort it out :) Don't dare try and do anything myself, especially not when they'll do it for free!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4 January 2016 at 9:31 PM, Mental_Atom said:

Yeah I'll take it to my local dealer and they can sort it out :) Don't dare try and do anything myself, especially not when they'll do it for free!

I've just started having this exact same issue with my ST, Did you take it back to your dealer?

HI Guys,

I had same problem on my Fiesta Zetec. All I did was took out the fuse for audio unit. Waited few minutes and plugged it back in again. Did a Master reset and everything is fine since then. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club