Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question Around Turbos

itsrelfy

Hi, hope you all had an excellent christmas. I've been under the bonnet of my 1.6tdci focus this morning just to do the usual checks and whilst I was under there I decided to take the pipe that airbox to the turbo. I found some oil in it. The oil level on the dipstick was fine. So is it normal to find oil in this pipe. There wasn't much but there was enough that when I rotated the pope in my hand you could see a small amount running around 2 ribs of the pipe.

So I decided to give the turbo a wiggle and there was a small amount of movement again not much and it does not scrub on anything.

The car it self runs fine not lumpy or down on power although to me there does seem to be a bit more lag than it use to have.

Do you think all is well?

Regards

Adrian.

Sorry forgot to say the car has 40000 miles on it and has been serviced using ford or Castrol magnatec oil ford oil and air filters every 6000-6500 miles.

Thanks

There is usually some oil in the inlet due to the breather pipe which puts oil vapour into the intake to burn off, the turbo will have a slight side to side play as it has an oil bearing, if there is any back/forth movement it means its wearing.

As long as the DV6 engine is well serviced you should be fine, just keep any eye every now and then for any oil leaks etc.

Its also the reason why people fit oil catch tanks and block off the EGR valve - the soot from the EGR valve gets stuck to the oil in the intake which then cokes everything up.

• Like 1

Ok cool. I thought I would ask. It's put my mind arrest now. Last thing I wanted was a repair bill after Christmas.

Happy new year to you all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club