Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glow Plugs Mk7 1.6Tdci

dave_k

Was looking at changing the glowplugs sometime in the first couple of months next year. Has anyone done this job on the 1.6tdci and is it a awkward job access-wise and what torque did you tighten your plugs to? (think there an 8mm thread)

If they are only two years old they should not need changing, have you checked them?

I just like working on my car to be honest, it is nearly 3 y/o also and quite high mileage, don't think it'll do much harm and get the parts through my Dads work.

i would leave well alone unless you have issues with them , they have a tendancy of snapping off in the head ,causing you alot more work.

Would it not be sensible to do now (when there may be less chance of them snapping during removal) and they should be good for the foreseeable few years. As opposed to removing after five or six years.

Would it not be sensible to do now (when there may be less chance of them snapping during removal) and they should be good for the foreseeable few years. As opposed to removing after five or six years.

yep, carry on then.

so back to your question, torque is 8nm on stage 5 emmisions, and 7nm on stage 4 emmisions. can you confirm what emmisions stage yours is? im asuming as 2013 it should be stage 5 with later 1.6 tdci.

if that is the case then the glow plugs are easier to access than the old engine.sat on top near the injectors from what i read.

cheers for info, not sure on emissions stage, was reg late 2013 and is the 1.6tdci 95ps econetic (no road tax payable), the ngk plugs I've got reckon 10nm with a breaking torque of 25nm. seen places pointing to 15nm, its a bit minefield for info!

ford say 8nm, thats good enough for me, thats what i would do.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club