Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalyst

katelyndon

hi, need your help again. on our transit 2007 we have had a new turbo fitted. now the big round box under it, the cat I think is leaking oil from a crack in the seal around it at the top. is there supposed to be oil in it at all to leak out. or do I need a new one or can I weld it. help please

There shouldn't be any oil there!

Why was the turbo replaced? It's either old oil if the system wasn't cleaned out or your new turbo is leaking oil.

• Like 1

transit centre said I needed a new turbo so they fitted a new one. don't think they did anything else to it. will I need a new cat now

they said I needed a new turbo as it was blowing a lot of white smoke

What was the mileage when "it needed a new turbo" & what's the mileage now?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

169000 miles. and still is. it is on the driveway. when its on tick over and just rev it a bit you can see oil coming out of the top side of the cat where the seam has lost its weld

I would seriously be asking the question, was the intake and exhaust cleaned of oil after the first turbo presumably popped a seal and started digesting oil. It may be there is just a trace amount of oil in the system finding its way out.

A crack in the weld will need fixing though, most likely another weld will do.

• Like 1

Worth getting an emissions test to check the catalyst is still good?

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

thanks for all your help. i will send it back up transit centre and make them check and do it, i paid them plenty and i think they should have checked it proper when they fitted new turbo

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club