Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Sat nav installation

LazyHazy

Hi Bannko,

Any chance you can send me a step by step please.

Love finding sites like this that help others out.

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks in advance

Craig

• Like 1

I have had a look around this forum but I cannot find what I am looking for.

I am looking to upgrade the satnav SD card on a 2014 Ford Focus Tit X Nav to the 2017 version. Please would someone give me a step by step guide on how to do this, what needs to be switched on or off, the unit, ignition, engine etc.

I don't want to screw anything up when I do this.

Thanks.

@Enduser In case of upgrading the SD-card there is nothing to do my friend :) you just simply take off the current one and insert there the new one bought e.g. from eBay. Simple as that ;) nothing to be switched off or something.

Thanks for the quick reply, So nothing needs to be switched on simply remove the old one and insert the new one, right ?

The pic is the one that I intend to use, OK ?

Satnav SD card.png

""@Enduser This is the topic regarding SYNC 2 8" screen ...so now i am not really sure do you have SYNC1 ? Because the SD-card that you are showing is not used for SYNC2.

• Like 1

How can I tell whether it's Sync 1 or 2 ? I have the Sony head unit, with a white sync button at about 10 o'clock towards the centre.

I have just done some googling and believe that I have this version

SYNC (basic system) and SYNC with MyFord® SYNC has a centre display that shows basic information, such as caller ID, song titles, a digital clock, and temperature.

That's OK then as I must have Sync 1, button controlled.

Whilst on the subject of Satnav, whereabouts on the car does it receive it's signal, is it via the aerial on the roof ?

Hi Bannko

Would it be possible for you to send me the details on how to upgrade snyc 2 ,

Many thanks

Andrew

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed the new SD card and it all works OK. It was sold as a 2017 card, but bearing in mind lead time for manufacturing etc, how up-to-date should it be, surely it cannot include all the new roads which were given names in 2017, it must be some sort of release date/year.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bannko

Can you send me the details on how to upgrade snyc 2 to sat nav. 

Thanks. 

Gez

• Like 1

Hi Bannko!

Could you please send me the details on how to upgrade SYNC 2 to sat nav?

Many thanks /Petri

• Like 1

Hi Bannko, 

I am sure you may be tired of everyone asking so I apologise,, but please would it be possible for you to send me the details of how to update the Synch 2 in my 2016 Kuga Titanium X power shift that I have just purchased. It doesn't appear to have Sat nav enabled.

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

• Like 1

HI Bannko, Yep, another newbie asking for your help on this one . . .

I have just bought a 2015 Focus (facelift) with SYNC 2 and no navigation, just the compass. Can I join the queue for your PM instructions?

Thanks in advance :smile:

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

Sorry to pester you but i have just bought a 2016 Ford Kuga with SYNC 2 and no navigation (Just the Compass and Longitude and Latitude), can i please request you help by way of a PM with instructions on how to release the beast that is Sat Nav?

Tony

• Like 1

Hi Bannko

If you are still casting your spell on the sync 2 nav install please could you pm me

Kind regards☺

• Like 1

Hi Bannko. New to the forum and ownership of a 16 plate kuga seemingly with the same issue.  Can you send me the instructions too please.

• Like 1

Hi Bannko,

If you are not completely fed up with passing on your wisdom yet, I would greatly appreciate it too!

I'm the same as many above, 2016 Ford Kuga Sync 2, no sat nav, just the compass etc.

Thank you in advance :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club