Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Projector Retrofit Morimoto Mini 7.0 H1 35W

firefighter

yeah, that's my headlight alright, its too big for any ovan I have access too and the glue is rock hard, almost plastic like, ive been using a heat gun to test it and its probably doable but its going to be messy around the edges

Use a large cardboard box & a heatgun that's how I did my projector retrofit

• Like 1

They are in the process of making a Mini 7 H1 in RHD, so for those of us that might fancy a shot at modding them on, we will have to wait 2-3 months

They are in the process of making a Mini 7 H1 in RHD, so for those of us that might fancy a shot at modding them on, we will have to wait 2-3 months

Or get them from China for £30 like i did ;)

• Like 2

Have anyone replace the halogen headlights with original henon headlights to mkii focus

I was going too, cost of getting a good set of those xenon headlamps is quite high, I believe some folk on here did the conversion

not sure how relevant this is as its for the mk2.5

anyone know the legalities of Devil eyes in the UK?

not for driving around day or night, was thinking of linking them to the interior lights. doors open, eyes light up! Its purely to put a smile on my face when hit the open doors button and serves no other purpose at all,

just wondering if those red eyes might be a problem for a passing police car, I know there is not to be any colour on the front other than headlights and indicators, esp not blue and red, but the car would (hopefully) be stationary when the doors open so wondering if it would be ok.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My MK2.5 conversion is almost complete, its been a royal pain in the ar$e, for anyone thinking of doing this mod I strongly suggest you go and buy some aftermarket lamps from Depo, using ford ones are asking for trouble and a lot of wasted time and money.

My first lamp went together fine, but my NS lamp was nothing short of a nightmare, so much so I broke 3 headlamps opening up the lens! :(

Ford use permaseal to seal the lenses, you need to get the stuff up to about 170c for it to let go of its death grip, the problem is that's the same temperature the plastic housing starts to melt, the slightest touch and itll warp and distort like hot cheese, if you don't get it hot enough then it will crack under the pressure needed to pull it open :(

The depo one will pop open with a hair dryer I genuinely am kicking myself for not doing that earlier.

Anyhow, they are all wired up with the except of the devil eyes I talked about, ill work on that this weekend.  Light output is fantastic, beam pattern is great, I need to tweak the lights a bit to align them properly as they converge but the height is spot on.

one thing to note, the Depo headlamp electric levelling motor has a longer range to it than the ford one, meaning if you changing the level to 4, your depo lamp will point down a lot more than the ford one, I have a bucket full of spare headlamp parts now so ill need to change that motor one day.

First lamp sorted without bother.

WP_20160303_17_58_02_Pro_LI.jpg

This is an OEM Xenon lamp.

xenon oem.jpg

The two completed lamps, NS is depo OS is a genuine ford.

WP_20160507_11_59_23_Pro_LI.jpg

Devil eyes! ill have them wired in shortly.

WP_20160227_18_35_47_Pro_LI_1.jpg

Some reason  this photo keeps turning to the left

WP_20160511_15_12_46_Rich_LI.jpg

• Like 2

well done Dee-82 ,great work. :w00t:

Project is complete!

kinda, still need to fix the leveller and there is some light bleeding around the edge of the shroud, other than that I'm well chuffed

WP_20160514_17_50_36_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_17_50_51_Rich_LI.jpg

WP_20160513_20_15_20_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20160513_20_27_40_Pro_LI.jpg

• Like 2

Excellent job mate, well done. Looks the dogs...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How easy/hard was it to wire up the devil eyes ? And did you wire up the headlights as bi-xenon ?

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

nice!!! looks awesome -the blue cutoff looks cool on the street signs as you drive along! and the 5500k bulbs are a nice vivid white too.nice combo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club