Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St-3 Mk2 Recaro Seat Rocking/broken

Kazzz

Hi all,

Looks like my driver seat (or frame?) is broken, it moves into the bottom left corner if pressed. If you get out the car and move the seat it moves into that bottom left corner.

Does anyone know what to check and how to check it and how to go about fixing this problem?

Thanks

Disconnect the battery and leave for 20-30 mins to be on the safe side with the airbags then you can disconnect the wiring loom on the seat. Unbolt the seat and take it out of the car. I had a seat base frame snap on my old Mondeo Recaros so i took the seat out and welded the frame back together. Hopefully its an easy fix. It will be obvious once its removed so you can get a good view of it all.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any pictures which would help dismantling this and/or of the place where it may be broken?

Also is it possible to buy a new part (just the bar or whatever may be broken?).

Thanks

I dont mate sorry. Just do as I stated above and unbolt the whole seat from the car so you can flip it over to see whats going on. I doubt very much that you will be able to buy single components for the base. Ford might sell the whole base unit but im not sure. If it needs welding like mine did then im sure a local garage would do it cheap enough if you cant borrow a welder yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

You can buy the replaced part from ford for about £20, it was a TSB for the st on vehicle built up to late 2007. I had to do both seats on my old st, my local dealer didn't really want to do it and once I found out how cheap the part was it was easier and less stress to do it my self. The seat is fairly simple as long as you remember how the mechanism comes apart.

There is a bar on the seat base that acts as a type of pivot for when you jack the seat base up etc. The bar goes from left to right on the seat base and even on the lowest the seat will go cause it to rock when the weld has broken. The bar is fairly cheap to buy from ford new and is easy to replace once the seat is out of the car.

Also it may be wortb doing the seat mod with the two plastic spacers for the seat base pad if you have had any side to side movement when the seat was ok.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Do you have the TSB for this at hand please anyone?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have the TSB please?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2016 at 10:30 PM, chris mitchell said:

There is a bar on the seat base that acts as a type of pivot for when you jack the seat base up etc. The bar goes from left to right on the seat base and even on the lowest the seat will go cause it to rock when the weld has broken. The bar is fairly cheap to buy from ford new and is easy to replace once the seat is out of the car.

Also it may be wortb doing the seat mod with the two plastic spacers for the seat base pad if you have had any side to side movement when the seat was ok.

I realise this is an old post,  but any idea where I can see the seat mod with the spacers, as I have had my frame replaced on my 2nd hand ST3 but still getting a bit of side to side movement. Thanks in advance!

• 10 months later...

Do you have the part that I need to order please, maybe a part number or something.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Does anyone have the TSB or part number I need??

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club