Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charge Warning Light

crickleymal

My wife's 1.8 TDDi occasionally (very occasionally) shows the warning light after the engine has started. Switching off and back on again cures this. It could have started after going through a deep puddle about 3 weeks ago. Any ideas please?

Possible water ingress or loose wiring connector at the alternator ?

Yes that's what I thought, water ingress. It doesn't seem to be doing it now so hopefully it has dried out.

More than likely an electrical issue with the smart charge cable.

Came on today. What's the smart charge cable and where would one find it please?

Bump. What and where is the smart charge cable please?

Its one of the wires in the multiplug that fits on alternator, basicaly it connects alternator to the pcm,

• Like 1

You could make sure the belt is not too loose around the alternater as of it was slipping a bit it can cause the charge light to come on for a while. Basic to check before you look at the wiring parts.

My wife's 1.8 TDDi occasionally (very occasionally) shows the warning light after the engine has started. Switching off and back on again cures this. It could have started after going through a deep puddle about 3 weeks ago. Any ideas please?

hi..i have the same car but the sedan and i have the same issue...my battery charge warning light comes on if i am stationary with engine idling..but as soon as i turn off and restart it goes off again until im stationary idling engine..thats the only time the light comes on..but never does while driving....