Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Pipe Replaced And Now My Car Has A Rattle!

MagentaFiesta

Hi,

I am new to this site but after some advice. My 2013 Fiesta 1.0 ecotechnic recently started smelling strongly of petrol. I took it to the garage and they replaced a leaky fuel pipe under warranty. Ever since then (about 3 weeks) my car has a rattle - its not that loud but you can hear it even with radio on and its one of those annoying rattles, like a bottle or your sunglasses or something in a door pocket, but its not as I emptied my car of everything! Generally its louder when the engine is cold and dies away a bit once its warm.

I've taken it back to the garage and they can hear the rattle too, they referred it back via warranty and apparently the new part is slightly different (and that's just the way it is now) and so therefore this noise is normal?! I cant say I understand this, especially as the hire car they gave me was almost identical (same engine etc but being one or two years newer) and doesn't make this noise.

Any ideas on the real cause and what I should do next? I don't want to be left with a car with an annoying rattle and am concerned that if I ever decided to sell that no buyer will believe me that the rattle is normal!

Thanks in advance!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club