Do Not Sell My Personal Information

parking in public

tetra

where would you lot normally park if you was sayy... going shopping at tescos.

I know I shouldn't be parking near rusty old cars or family cars to avoid doors.

But what about parking close or far away from the shops?

My theory is so far... if its close, more people will see it so less likely to get broken into, but on the other hand more people are going to be walking past it with keys and shopping bags...

mabye some where right in the middle?

I try to park near to pillars/columns and end spots and I am rather patial to taking over two spaces!!!!! oh and sometimes I park so far away id have been better of walking from home to the supermarket lol

i allways park in mother and todler spaces and have waited for 20 minutes for a space.....And if we are going any where really busy i take a friend with me who has a sertain badge like most other people do where ever i go some people don't even take the fiend just the badge :unsure::blink:

I try my best to park next to BMWs and Audis and new cars hoping they wont hit me :D

Never next to a car with a dent or with rust or if it can fit a family in it :ph34r:

I park in parent and child spaces! They're much wider! I also have a habit of using up two spaces, lol

be careful about parking in two bays as some places will give u a ticket for parking in correctly..

be careful about parking in two bays as some places will give u a ticket for parking in correctly..

Yeah, thanks for that! I know of all the places in my area I can and can't do it! Asda's a no no :( stupid TCP guys patrol the carpark, and they're anal! Lol

Mrs S took Pedro for his first real supermarket run today and she parked as far away from the entrance as possible where there's plenty of room and little chance of people banging trolleys into him or their stinking brats knocking and getting their putrescent sticky fingers all over the bodywork

Mrs S took Pedro for his first real supermarket run today and she parked as far away from the entrance as possible where there's plenty of room and little chance of people banging trolleys into him or their stinking brats knocking and getting their putrescent sticky fingers all over the bodywork

I made the mistake of parking too far away from the entrance to a supermarket last week, and thieving little gits stole my silver ford logo'ed valve caps, for their bikes, no less! Caught them in the act, but they scarpered by the time I got up to the car, taking all 4 caps :angry: lol.

i have the staff car park when i go to work at sainsburys, known fact that if a stranger goes into it they get poisoned and shot within 3 seconds

and noone would ever dare go near a car at the waitrose car park, farmers wives and old women don't do that sort of thing!!

actulaly, its probably just because they wouldn't want to be seen near a kia...

Now this is my dilema, I have to unfortunately take my mother shopping once every two weeks, she is a brand freak and ONLY shops at the nearest Tesco's, NEVER will she go anywhere else. And that's the problem, this damn Tesco, unless you shop at 10PM it's ALWAYS packed and has 2 parking levels, and the spaces are not very big, designed to pack you in as tightly as possible.

So I shall be using todler spaces or take my Dad's disabled badge, will most likely park in todler spaces though as I find it's usually kids flinging doors open with parents who frankly couldn't give a s*** about what the little darlings do that cause the damage so sod em. How many nice new bm's do you see in these spaces? Lots and none with kids, just worried owners...

I think's it's very sad we live in a world now where children just aren't brought up to respect other peoples property, just so long as they get in or out thw car as humanly quickly as possible and they are quiet. I am not labling everyone like that, just a fair few you see in car parks.

If you take up 2 spaces then you find people getting annoyed and they will just damage your car or key it out of spite.

I usually park far away from the supermarket, where it's usually nice and quiet, typically though you come back and someone has parked slap bang next to you. If that's not possible I try and park next to a newish well kept looking car.

I came back to my parking space last week to find a Hot Magenta behind me. Lovely old couple came back to it just as I got into the car and we had a chat about Hot Magenta Fiesta's :lol:

alternatively - do your weekly shopping on line and get it delivered . . . . .

alternatively - do your weekly shopping on line and get it delivered . . . . .

If you really worry about your car then this is the best solution. I have found that you often get your weekly shop costs down shopping online too, because you don't do as many impulse buys. You search for what you want and buy it, rather than walk towards picking up other stuff with shiny labels along the way.

At the end of the day, there is always a chance that your car will be scratched, knocked into, dented, brushed against and even crashed into whilst you are away from it wherever you park. I find shopping traumatic enough without worrying about the car aswell. It's healthiest to adopt the 'whatever happens, happens' attitude I think.

I made the mistake of parking too far away from the entrance to a supermarket last week, and thieving little gits stole my silver ford logo'ed valve caps, for their bikes, no less! Caught them in the act, but they scarpered by the time I got up to the car, taking all 4 caps :angry: lol.

funny that i had a car of mines valve caps taken a few years back they were alloy 1's but thing is i caught the little gits doing it gave them a good talking to and with in 1 hour had the pigs knocking on my door saying that i threatened a minor strange that as my son was stood next to me at time , told the pigs that they most be mistaken,and i politly closed the door on them never heard any more apparently one of the kids parents told the pis that her son would never do a thing like that. aint that a ways the way.

funny that i had a car of mines valve caps taken a few years back they were alloy 1's but thing is i caught the little gits doing it gave them a good talking to and with in 1 hour had the pigs knocking on my door saying that i threatened a minor strange that as my son was stood next to me at time , told the pigs that they most be mistaken,and i politly closed the door on them never heard any more apparently one of the kids parents told the pis that her son would never do a thing like that. aint that a ways the way.

"The little sh*ts!!! Just as well you didn't chainsaw their faces off like I would have liked to have done!!.....Moving on.....please stand for Hymn no 65...God Bless The Children For They Are Our Future" ;)

:lol::lol:

thats what we do ocado even carry it into kitchen,haven't been to a supermkt car park in 8mnths

If you really worry about your car then this is the best solution. I have found that you often get your weekly shop costs down shopping online too, because you don't do as many impulse buys. You search for what you want and buy it, rather than walk towards picking up other stuff with shiny labels along the way.

To be honest thats why we started doing it and it cut our shopping bills in half - god I sound like some old granny now . . .LOL

Unfortuntally i have had my door hit by another car! Soooooo god damm annoying!

I dont have anyone parking alongside me at home and when i shop, i park away from everyone, im ok with that as im used to walking pretty much everywhere as i only passed in August!

But.....where i work, well there a diffrent story. See i work at a conference centre based on the site of a hospital, and as it is, we have alot of medical related meetings. We had a meeting about two weeks ago where the car park was near full when i arrived, so im thinking damm iv got to park next to someone.

Finally its my time to go home, as per usual im the last car in the car park. I had this really strangew feeling i had been hit, i dont no why just felt i might have. So i walk round to the passenger side and there it is, a dent in my lovely Fiesta! :( Of course i then proceded to shout all sorts of insults to the empty car park!

The reason why i mention the medical meetings is that i now have found out that most of the doctors, consultants, sergeons, pharmisutical reps are all a bunch of tossers! lol, the are very rude and treat you as such! Ok there are plenty of very nice medical people out there but really they are a pain when patients arn't around! So that being said, i had a lovely silver BMW parked on my passenger side, and what do i find along with my dent, lovely silver paint! Coincidence i think not! So i guess not all people with new cars care!

Or the moral is not to park next to the doctors when visiting your hospital!

To be honest thats why we started doing it and it cut our shopping bills in half - god I sound like some old granny now . . .LOL

I agree Paul---Mrs Hedgepig always does her shopping on line at Tescos; it's great because I hate shopping..........except for car shopping; telly shopping or any other shopping related to boys' toys etc.

Only problem is.....after she's done the online shop she'll suddenly realise that she forgotten to order something.......so we have to go down to Morrisons to fetch it.

Great, not---pigging car park's rammed; anybody would think that the shops are going to shut for a week......where do I park?

Certainly not next to some rust bucket because you know that the owner of that won't give a Castlemaine XXXX for your car!

So, my advice is to do what I do, drive around until you find a couple of brand spanking new cars and put yours in between; the owners will be careful then as they won't want to scratch their pride and joy etc.

But there's a potential problem with this--suppose that you are in the shop for ages and one of the brand new cars gets moved--what's the betting that when you come out there will be a old banger next to you after all!! :lol:

It is ironic really that when I had my recent accident in a supermarket car park I was heading to the empty part of the car park to avoid car park bumps and dents, and then got dazzled by the sun and hit the lamp post.

Anyway have now had the car back for 2 weeks and still can't bring myself to visit that car park!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club