Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Diesel Problems-Car Lagging

James1981

Hi just looking for some advice or if anybody else has had this problem.

I have a 58 plate Ford Focus Style 1.8tdci and am having some power problems when the fuel tank is at a certain level.

When I fill the tank the car runs smoothly for the first 100 miles then problems start occurring. When accelerating at around 2000-2500revs the car suddenly looses power and judders, it doesn't cut out but if I take my foot of the accelerator it will ease off and I can then accelerate a bit more then the same problems.

When the fuel then reaches 1/4 of a tank the problem stops and it runs fine again.

Appologies for going on a bit first time on here and slightly baffled with the whole thing.

do you know when the fuel filter has last been changed? if you dont know i would advise changing that first and see if it improves

Hi thanks for reply. it was last replaced about 10,000 miles ago had a full service done air filter, fuel filter etc.

Change the fuel filter anyway & run several tankfuls of good quality injector cleaner through the system as a cheap-ish next step & see if there's any improvement

Is the EGRV blanked ?

Will do that see how it runs then (project for the weekend).

EGR valve is not blanked off, have read about this is it worth doing?

yes definately do that too, most bank for your buck upgrade you can do

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club