Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sticky dots covering car

irononreverse

Possibly the most annoying thing ever! My car was covered in this stuff. Washed it and not an hour later it's covered in more of the stuff!

You need some sacrificial wax on - it should make the tree sap come off more easily. Have you got any products on the car?

You need some sacrificial wax on - it should make the tree sap come off more easily. Have you got any products on the car?

I've got Dodo juice blue velvet on. The sticky stuff just annoys me. Spiders also annoy me; webs in ALL my wheel arches?? :angry:

I'd top the BV with something if I were you - otherwise the sap is going to remove/dissolve the wax, either that or make sure you've got a LOT of layers.

stop parking under trees :lol:

i would try using a sealent on the car instead of wax if it keeps happening or just more coats of wax.

also spiders annoy me SOOOOO much. i have them on my wheels, wing mirrors and sometimes the exhaust nothing i do gets rid of them

I'd top the BV with something if I were you - otherwise the sap is going to remove/dissolve the wax, either that or make sure you've got a LOT of layers.

Thanks, looks like this winter will be a waxy one for me and my car.

I can't NOT park under trees, my driveways is invested with them!

I have the same problem - my parking space is next to a tree - how many coats of wax are you suggesting? :(

I have the same problem - my parking space is next to a tree - how many coats of wax are you suggesting? :(

I am thinking maybe 3/4 minimum. I may have to resort to keeping my car in the garage. The only problem is is that it's spider central in there!

The only thinkg you can do is as suggested, and stop parking under the trees (or buy a cover). The other alternative if not parking under them is not an option is to get them all cut down! LOL

I've got these on mine too, they were all over the windscreen and at first I thought were specks of rain! They do wash off quite easily thankfully :)

Possibly the most annoying thing ever! My car was covered in this stuff. Washed it and not an hour later it's covered in more of the stuff!

hi

we had the same problem i used diamondbright initally to seal the car but clean my car every week with grease lightning showroom shine waterless wash & wax just spray on and wipe off and it protects the body work to the elements, bird lime, tree sap ,tar and every day pollutants.

regards paul

The only thinkg you can do is as suggested, and stop parking under the trees (or buy a cover). The other alternative if not parking under them is not an option is to get them all cut down! LOL

Maybe I'll invest in a cover. And why is it that as soon as I start drying my car, every insect and its mum wants to sit on it?

hi

we had the same problem i used diamondbright initally to seal the car but clean my car every week with grease lightning showroom shine waterless wash & wax just spray on and wipe off and it protects the body work to the elements, bird lime, tree sap ,tar and every day pollutants.

regards paul

Welcome to FOC Pouly - but I can't agree with you here.

Greased Lightning products offer very little protection compared to 'proper' detailing products such as hard waxes and good quality synthetic sealants.

Plus, for me, the idea of spraying a product onto a dirty car and then wiping it over makes me cringe. Anything on your paint will be pulled/scratched straight across it and then left there anyway.

The QVC sales pitches for GL actually make me cry.

Iv been doin abit of searchin around instead of using a wax mayb try using fk1000p its a sealent that people seem to like alot at its only £14 from serious performance. You can put wax over the top but its not a must. Mayb save your wax for the summer months.

Im gonna stick some on order and il let u no how it looks.

hmm, I've noticed some small black dots on my car that just rub off, I suspect it's the same thing? Will give it a wash on saturday. If I do give it a wax what's the best product for lazy people like me?

I have my own little power wash but will probably leave that for the summer. But if you guy's can suggest a wax or something that's good for all year round and means I don't have to clay etc etc I may have a go. I did spend the first year I had my last car washing and waxing it, but that was a few years ago now haha.

Welcome to FOC Pouly - but I can't agree with you here.

Greased Lightning products offer very little protection compared to 'proper' detailing products such as hard waxes and good quality synthetic sealants.

Plus, for me, the idea of spraying a product onto a dirty car and then wiping it over makes me cringe. Anything on your paint will be pulled/scratched straight across it and then left there anyway.

hi

i was dubious when i first saw it but had a go and i must say i have no scratches or swirl marks from cleaning and just traded it in in pristine condition for my new car got top price on trade in, any recomendations on a good cleaning product to try.

Get a grip Dan, I can't believe you watch QVC!!!!, however do you have the time in between car washes? :lol:

iv seen those things on QVC and every time i want to scream at the TV :lol:

specially when they always use a jag XK why would you ever want to wash a car without water i do not no

iv seen those things on QVC and every time i want to scream at the TV :lol:

specially when they always use a jag XK why would you ever want to wash a car without water i do not no

Actually my neighbour tried something like that a year or so back. Said it was brilliant and was going to order more. Oddly enough after a few weeks he stopped using it! Now he has a pressure washer but no foam lance!