Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mark 2: Which End To Blank Off The Egr System?

RichHorrocks

Hi folks,

I'm looking at blanking off the EGR valve on my Mark 2 Focus.

Perhaps a silly question, but at which end of the EGR system is it best to do the blanking? At the valve end itself, which is at the top of the engine and easy to get to, or at the end where it comes off the exhaust manifold?

If you blank the manifold end you bypass the whole cooler system, but does that matter?

Thanks in advance.

Either end will be ok - I have blanked my vehicles at the EGRV with no issues - more importantly make sure the blanking plate is solid 2 - 3 mm steel ( no holes in it )

stainless steel if you can get it of eBay :)

ok, enlighten me please, what are the benefits of blanking off the egr?

You'll prevent the recirculated exhaust gases clogging up your EGRV & intake manifold with a congealed gunk of oil & carbon which will kill your engine & turbo sooner rather than later.

Other benefits include a cleaner diesel burn, improved mpg & power output :)

you will deny your local ford dealers the opportunity to empty your wallet when it needs changing cos its full of sludge......

:-D

• Like 2

turbo will kick in quicker than before fitted, my 18 tdci is very jerky under steady speed under 2k revs when havnt got blank fitted, dont know why but is better and smoother with it fitted

turbo will kick in quicker than before fitted, my 18 tdci is very jerky under steady speed under 2k revs when havnt got blank fitted, dont know why but is better and smoother with it fitted

The turbo will be more effective as it has more exhaust gas pressure driving it - hence the improved output :)

• Like 1

To add - it's not worth doing on a petrol engine & could actually do more harm than good due to increased combustion temperatures

• Like 1

To add - it's not worth doing on a petrol engine & could actually do more harm than good due to increased combustion temperatures

plus the egr valve is rarely a problem on petrol engines as petrol burns much more cleanly than diesel with significantly less oil and carbon build up on the intake components.

• Like 1

plus the egr valve is rarely a problem on petrol engines as petrol burns much more cleanly than diesel with significantly less oil and carbon build up in the intake components.

True :)

Okay, so the consensus seems to be to block things off at the valve itself, and not worry about the connection to the exhaust manifold.

Thanks folks :)

id have thought blocking an EGR on a petrol might have a noticeable effect on emissions as well?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club