Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Fiesta rear wheel bearing.

sjs

Hi, i need to change a rear wheel bearing in a 2003 festa and was wondering if it is a diy job or not, i have heard they can be a nightmare to press out, any ideas?, does anyone know the procedure?. Thanks,

Hi, i need to change a rear wheel bearing in a 2003 festa and was wondering if it is a diy job or not, i have heard they can be a nightmare to press out, any ideas?, does anyone know the procedure?. Thanks,

unless you have a hydraulic press i would leave it.

you could however buy the bearing, removing the drum and take all the parts down to a local garage and ask them to swap the bearings

Thanks, do u think it would be possible to do with a heavy bench vice?, does anyone know the torque setting for the hub nut?, cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced both of mine myself with no problems.

Tapped them out with a drift and pushed the new ones in with a vice using appropriate sized spacers.

Manual recommends using a new hub nut with a torque of 275 Nm.

Really straightforward.

if you have a large socket or similar the same size as the bearing it is possible to use a large vice as i have done this myself.

usually a bearing kit comes with a circlip and hub nut. the rear hub nut torque is 235Nm not 275Nm as presumably haynes? recommends.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club