Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Siri Eyes Free

10dawson

It does not mention about other OS voice control systems. I assume this is only for iOS.

Yes only for iOS, and unfortunately not for MK7 Fiesta's, hoped it would work but doesn't :(

So. Anyone in the UK done this and successfully updated there system?

Struggling to download the files. Keeps giving an error message

I'm getting the same, was trying to download the software for everyone since I've already got it but it won't let me :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a Mac which probably doesn't help matters...

Used chrome and ie windows 10. I'll check the active x settings

You'll need to use internet explorer on Windows. I just had a quick look at the code and its code that will only work in IE

Got it downloaded and installed now. Radio now shows v5.8 but don't see any difference so far

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have a 2013 Fiesta and really want use Siri through Ford Sync so registered at Ford India as mentioned above but it says my Sync is up to date.

The update number is AM5T-14D544-EE and I am pretty sure this isn't version 5.8 but an older one. It says I can download updates on the desktop site but just cannot find where to do it.

Has anyone managed to download the file needed? Where can I find it? Is it on the dashboard? I have Sync 1 so not sure if this means I couldn't get it.

Cheers

v5.8 is for sync 1.1 only and is not compatible with sync1.0

Works for Android as well.

How did you get it working mate.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

new update change log

Update name:E1BT-14D544-AL

What's included in this update?

SYNC v5.9

ABOUT THE LATEST UPDATE

The new software update for SYNC® includes all the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits such as:

Media

• Streamlined connectivity allows you to connect smartphones to SYNC® via USB and browse its content on the SYNC screen.48

Voice

• When you say, “Call <name>” the name will now appear on the SYNC® screen, confirming your command.
  • The voice command “Redial” has been added to call last number dialed.
  • A message on the SYNC® screen will let you know SYNC is either connecting to the last paired device or searching for a new one.
  • When you want to switch audio sources, you can now say, “AM” or “FM” without saying “Radio” first.

AppLink

• If you¿re trying to access apps through SYNC® AppLink™ and your device is not connected, SYNC will display a prompt, reminding you that your device must be connected either by bluetooth or USB for iOS devices.
  • If you are trying to access a compatible app on SYNC® AppLink™ and it is not running on your iPhone or other iOS device, such as an iPad and iPod Touch, you¿ll now be reminded by a voice and screen prompt.48

Just tried our MY2016 fiesta and it appears to have the latest update and Siri works fine. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club