Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Siri Eyes Free

10dawson

Siri Eyes Free - anyone else looking forward to this in the UK?

Anyone have any dates it might be available? And is it compatible with Ford Sync 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I just had to google what that was. I've had that on my fiesta since I got it last September assumed it was just a standard bluetooth function and everyone had it! Just long hold on the voice control button it comes up Siri on the radio screen and Siri beeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you based in England or USA? I know the USA have it, also what version of Ford Sync do you have? Mines just a black screen with blue writing, bet yours is the latest one! Any chance of a photo of it?

Neither, I'm in Scotland! I'll take a photo when I get off the train and in to the car

This is what I get when I use Siri by long holding on the voice control had it since day I got it as I say. It works very well use it all the time

post-69031-145253279447_thumb.jpg

Yeah looks like you've got the top Ford Sync, have you got the Song stereo? Did it come with the car or did you need to get it updated?

Yeah I've got the Sony system it's v5.8 of ford sync. Came with it I've never updated it ever

Siri Eyes Free is available on the latest software version of sync the download is available on the ford india site or visit a dealer who will install it for a charge

Yeah lucky for some! Rest of us will have to wait I suppose! Is it any good?

Have you got a link to it mate? And is that all Ford dealers in the UK?

It's Alrite it's just Siri so nothing too special! I mainly use it for sending text messages while driving tbh

Siri Eyes Free - anyone else looking forward to this in the UK?

Anyone have any dates it might be available? And is it compatible with Ford Sync 1?

have it in my Pioneer AVH-8600BT since November 2014

Is great for times when the missus is in a fouler,

Can talk to siri, weather updates, emails text messages news, guidance to nearest chain store.

How would the Sat Nav work with it if I don't have Sat Nav in the car? Anybody got any pictures of it in action? I'll be calling into the local Ford garage tomorrow!!

• Like 1

cjay1 - do I just download it onto a USB and plug it in? Whats the procedure? Sorry I'm thick! :blink:

• Like 1

the update includes:

1. Phone

• Siri Eyes Free compatibility.
  • Streamlined user experience for easier bluetooth pairing.
  • Enhanced bluetooth connectivity and link loss recovery.
  • New phone book browsing capability by first or last name.
  • Improved text messaging support.
  • Added option for SYNC® to confirm " call < contact > " voice commands before dialing.

2. Media

• Improved file browsing on connected iPod /USB devices.
  • Added alert to advise if device USB drive formatting is not supported.
  • Enhanced iPod Nano 2 support

3. Emergency Assistance /911 Assist

• Added Indian English voice option.

4. Voice

• Additional voice commands for sorting phone book by first or last name.

5. SYNC® AppLink

• Improved AppLink stability and user experience during application start-up.

Cheers - what about using the Sat Nav with it though? I don't have it included in mine as standard?

cjay1 - do I just download it onto a USB and plug it in? Whats the procedure? Sorry I'm thick! :blink:

i haven't had to do an update yet as my car came with latest software but when you download the update to pc there is a printout that you take with you to help you through the installation process. from what i can gather you in stall the update to the blank usb plug it in the usb port then click install on sync. then when complete you report your successful installation to ford on the website

It uses Apple maps as the navigation system. It's not bad I like that it vibrates my Apple Watch when I need to make a turn. I use waze for day to day sat nav

• Like 1

Why does the registration on the link think that I am in india?

• Like 1

Why does the registration on the link think that I am in india?

because it's the ford india website but you can input vins from other countries to see if there any sync updates for your system. in the uk the official method of updating sync is to visit the dealer.

I've updated from ford india web site. Works perfectly. Replaced siri eyes free navigation from apple maps to google maps with jailbreak tweak. Actually there are more tweaks for your car if your iPhone is jailbroken. I'm using one tweak to send all notifications to sony unit (whatsapp for example) and another tweak to speak all notifications via bluetooth.

Will the Siri Eyes Free update work on my 2012 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost?

if the update is compatible with your vehicle it will tell you when you input your vin number.

Does this update include voice assistants on other phone OSes? The head unit I had in my Polo had a 'voice' button that just directed you to the phone's voice control, whatever that was. So Siri on iPhones, Google Now on Android, and Cortana on my Windows Phone. I'm not sure if Siri Eyes Free is that standard implementation of that aspect of the bluetooth standards or not!