Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring Voltmeter

blue crush

I have brought a voltmeter for my focus mk2.5 and just need to wire it in. I have 3 wires - ground, live and dimmer for lights. I can wire light to behind the switch for headlights and ground to chassis. The live i am concerned about as dont want to go into the firewall and to battery so i was going to put it to switched ignition live. I already have my dash cam connected to the radio harness ign live so dont really want to put the voltmeter on it also as it will reduce the current.

Best option i think is with an inline fuse to switched ign live in steering column.

Anyone know of another simple option?

Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Also i wonder if anyone knows the colour of wire for ign live in steering column?

try fuse 110 in passage fusebox only live when key is on :)

or it could be fuse 100 not sure

............ so dont really want to put the voltmeter on it also as it will reduce the current.

think youre getting a bit mixed up there with electrical principles , the current draw of a simple gauge is so low as to be negligible , barely half an amp, if that.

so connecting it to the stereo supply will have no effect on any of the equipment upstream.

So if i was to tap into the ign live of radio harness it should be ok with another tap already on it?

Think i will still need an inline fuse or will the radio fuse blow if there was a problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, got it all wired up and working soundly. Just wondered if anyone knows what wire is for the dimmer on the headlight switch?

Ok, got it all wired up and working soundly. Just wondered if anyone knows what wire is for the dimmer on the headlight switch?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club