Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aftermarket Android Stereo

cem1965

Hi all, could anyone tell me please if you can use aftermarket android stereo's in a focus 2010 (off eBay) the reason i ask is that i bought one and after fitting it i had nothing but electrical problems, like dashboard lights been on all the time- not been able to lock the car with the fob, no heated rear windscreen and no audio steering controls.

Any one else had this problem is so annoying finding my battery flat when i go to work.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.

I've said it a million times before, the quality of these things are typically diabolical - and I worry about plugging them into the CANBUS network. If there's a way to hook it up without the CANBUS (i.e. straight into an acc/ignition feed or something) then try that to see if it helps. Otherwise take it straight back to wan hung lo where it came from!

• Like 4

SOME of them are shoddy, however some aren't. I have an Eonon unit and the first one developed a fault with the DVD drive, no hassle or fuss and it was replaced with a newer model no less, never had a problem since.

I would only recommend a branded head unit, I wouldn't recommend getting anything off eBay, even branded units might be B grade stock sold without warranty, buy direct from the manufacture and you have someone to fall back on if it goes wrong.

• Like 3

I've said it a million times before, the quality of these things are typically diabolical - and I worry about plugging them into the CANBUS network. If there's a way to hook it up without the CANBUS (i.e. straight into an acc/ignition feed or something) then try that to see if it helps. Otherwise take it straight back to wan hung lo where it came from!

I'd actually say the opposite, to me, this looks like there's not actually properly plugged CAN-BUS box to the stereo. Or not plugged at all.

Although, if that's not the case, then I agree, try to hook it up without the CAN-BUS box and see if the issues remain.

I agree with Darren, buy a branded product to be on the safe side - there are a LOT of similar looking android models on eBay. Eonon are supposed to be good, although not perfect as you always get a couple of niggling issues but his was replaced but some sellers will fob you off.

• 11 months later...

anyone else no of any other websites that sell these stereos Eonon don't have the size to fit my focus

Xtrons also do them, I got one to fit my focus.

The canbus transceiver chips are relatively cheap anyway and there is little other circuitry required to interface with the canbus network. I have interfaced a custom micro with my car with no issues (except if you short the canbus lines together you need to power cycle everything).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club