Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problem

Jimgeriatric

Hi All

Cure one problem and find another. Twice now I have had a starting problem cranks away no fire but I do have a mil light and the bars of the lcd fuel gage cycle up from a half bar to a full tank also the temperature led needle cycles from cold to over temperature after a few attempts it fires runs well but am I being warned of something dire ??

Regards to all Jim

Maybe....

Why not do a diagnostics check?

I have a Fusion2 1.4tdi and lots of problems like you - one after the other. So I invested in an upmarket analyser for Ford vehicles from eBay item no. 121851642693

Mondeo Focus Fiesta S-max Airbag ABS Engine Gearbox Diagnostic Scanner

It plugs into a laptop and runs tests and produces graphics (oscilloscope and charts etc.) and only £15.95.

Easy to install on Windows from Millenium o/s onwards.

The codes can be downloaded from the net and a CD is provided with drivers and info.

Fusions are the same as Fiesta so suggest you check that forum too.

I have other posts here which might be of interest.

It might save you a few nightmares.

Good luck!

David G - fusion 66

Hi David,

Many thanks for your reply I have ordered kit from eBay will post when I recieve it and find out ( hopefully ) what the problem is.

Regards and best wishes Jim.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All received kit and set up on my laptop attached to car and got following codes: P0460-60 Fuel level circuit malfunction (fuel guage

works fine)

P0704-70 Clutch switch input malfunction (just had a new clutch works fine)

P0302-F0 Cylinder 2 misfire detected

DTC's in RCM   B1318

All the above was with key on engine not running.  All a mystery to me misfire could be a plug as I have had a genuine Ford Coil kit fitted and a new set of HT leads so will try set of plugs rest is a total mystery.  Ah found my original problem was due to partially discharged battery that is now ok.

Kind Regards and best wishes to all

Jim

Hi David I fitted a new set of spark plugs car appears to run better yet old ones seemed OK can't get my head round other fault codes cannot even find what they mean.  Ah well at least car is running well.

regards to all jim 

Hi does anyone know how to cancel the pcm. Indicator light so I can start again.  Cannot figure how to do it with Forscan programme ( or am I just thick?) 

regards jim 

Jim,

There is a list of fault codes on this site which is downloadable and can be printed out. Also there are a number of threads on codes if you search for them.

Google throws up many links too several of which refer back to this site.

Good luck and hope this helps.

David G F66

Hi David

As you mentioned Googled and found lots of information brain still trying to absorb some of it.  Many thanks for your direction to sites.

Regards Jim