Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Do You Put Yours? (Dashcams! ;) )

JSMarsden

I know there is a dashcam area to show your videos etc (and I will link to mine once its arrived)

However, I am wondering where you all put your dashcams (if you have one) in your Fiesta. I was going to put mine behind the rear view mirror to hide it from my vision, and route the wires along the top of the window. However I have realised there is the black GPS box behind there, and It will be hard to fit the camera behind the mirror now? (I have a G1HW coming).

Would it be better there (even if it stuck out a little from the rear view mirror) - the only other location I was thinking would be the bottom left hand side of the windscreen, as this would probably only ever get in my way when parking etc as its not really in any line of sight - it would just annoy passengers!

Mines to the left of the mirror but at the same height, had to place it there due to the auto wiper sensor cover. Can't see the camera from the driver's seat and the only wire visible are from the camera to the cover (about an inch).

Hard one, if you site it so that its inobtrusive ie behind the mirror, you will find that when it rains the vision is obscured because it is not in the swept area of the wipers.

Mine is mounted on the left side in front of the mirror, but the camera itself is roughly level with the bottom of the rear view mirror. No issues with visibility, cabling etc. Not blatantly obvious, but anyone looking for more than s second knows it is there.

As for my rear one, that is stuck to my ceiling at the very back of the car and is pretty much invisible when looking through the tinted rear windscreen!

Mine fits flat with no suction cup so on the plastic of the mirror cover,cant see any sucker cup from

outside of the car just a small lense.

Hard one, if you site it so that its inobtrusive ie behind the mirror, you will find that when it rains the vision is obscured because it is not in the swept area of the wipers.

Very good point - I didn't think of that as simple as it may sound!

Thinking it may have to go to the left of the mirror like a few of you have said. May get somebody to position it whilst I sit in the drivers seat! I have managed to a a real version of mine anyway (as I know a few fakes going around) - but Ive heard great reviews for the G1WH (for the price of £45 anyway!)

Its on a suction mount so I can easily move it, however as far as I'm aware I think the mount is a bit bulky

Thanks!

left of the mirror but annoyed i have to keep unplugging the usb as its constantly live.

left of the mirror but annoyed i have to keep unplugging the usb as its constantly live.

Hardwire it to the fusebox.

Mini piggyback fuseholder, 12v socket and a USB adapter all from eBay, then plug it into circuit that is only on with the ignition.

Hardwire it to the fusebox.

Mini piggyback fuseholder, 12v socket and a USB adapter all from eBay, then plug it into circuit that is only on with the ignition.

Sounds simple but is there a guide on this?

Mines hardwired in, I had it done professionally, and it's sited about 4 inches both ways from the rear view on the left

Just picked up a real G1WH (Paid like £5 more than eBay to ensure it was real).

Heres some footage of the snow the other day -

(Make sure you change to 1080p).

Had to park illegally at the end because I wasn't sure If i could make it past the skip and the parked car as its not amazing in the snow! (Don't take note of my voice, I hate it on cam! haha)#

Edit: I know this isn't AMAZING quality (hard to pick up plates) but with a white floor, bright lights etc its probably at the most extreme conditions where the camera would have to perform. Will try and get some daylight footage up, but for £50 I think its an absolute bargain. Has a G Sensor, also zoom, wide angle lens, 1080p recording etc.

Streaks on the window are from the Rain X - performing badly -.-

Mine is sited to the left and below the rear view mirror. Top of camera is in line with bottom of mirror.

My car has auto lights, wipers and active city stop so there is a large black box behind the mirror to house all the sensors.

Camera does not obscure vision and is within the wiper sweep.

For info camera is a Nextbase 402g hard wired into the fuse box with a piggy back on the rear wiper circuit using a flying 12 v socket, all hidden behind the glove box..

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost, is the rear 12v socket always on as I want to leave my dash cam plugged in and just turn on and off with the ignition.

It stays on for a bit after turning the ignition off.

its so much easier to connect to to an ignition live in the fusebox, piggyback fuse holder and 12v socket for a few quid off eBay.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club