Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2000 Focus Smoking Inside

JayJay86

Hi people.. iv got a 2000 W reg focus 1.8 Petrol.. it struggled to start, only managed to get it started with throttle hard to the floor then i drove 2 mins then could smell burning then sum smoke coming from passenger side footwell.. turned it off an got out, left it 5 mins then it started an hasnt smelt of burning or an smoke so used it and apart from running like a bag of nails(leads n coil need changing i think) it ran ok.. would smoking inside be caused by leads or coil or what else could have caused it.. the heaters were on full but the whole time i used it so cant be that..

Did you check its not anything electrical in that area that is smoking?

I couldnt see where it was coming from, i did try an look.. it wasnt loads of smoke but you could see it if that makes sense and the smell was awful.. but whats baffled me is when i got back in 5 mins later, the smell was still there for a few mins but nothing else happened.. id have thought if nothing had changed as in heaters were still on an heated window was on it would have done it again.. Blue cars seem to hate me for some reason.. any other colour i dont have any problems.. lol..

Is sounds a bit strange but just keep an eye out if it does it again and if it does try to pinpoint where it is if you can. Also just check all electrics functions you have (heaters,Windows, lights ect) to make sure all is working and if it is then it may of been something else but hopefully it won't do it again. A strange one alright there lol! Hope this helps :)

Il keep an eye on it.. im guna be using it tomorrow.. i dont use it very much these days.. (health makes driving painful) but cant be without a car.. im guna be lookin for another car in summer so just gotta make it last til then.. lol.. never buying a blue car again.. i know coil an leads need replacing end of month so maybe they will help.. !Removed! cars.. lol..

I'm wondering if your fan resistor pack has failed. Its a common problem with the Mk1 Focus and I think on some Vauxhalls, its caused the vehicle to catch fire. Try your fan on all four positions and make sure you can hear the fan speed increase for each position. It's been a long while since I had a failure on a Mk1 but I think when the resistor failed, the fan worked on positions 1 & 4 but not on 2 & 3.

Hi.. The fan is working perfect on all speeds.. it only done it that 1 time and didnt do it when i used it 5 mins later to go shops and back..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club