Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Spotting Your Old Cars

alexp999

I spotted my old Focus Titanium X today, loved the car, but it wasn't happy with all the short journeys I was doing (I shouldn't have bought a diesel).

It gave me an idea for a thread, so has anyone else spotted their old cars driving about or parked up as you have gone passed? If you have and got pics, even better!

Here is a capture from my dashcam:

post-17010-0-89837300-1452884577_thumb.j

Still see my old Punto around town...not bad for a car that blew 3 headgaskets in 18 months lol

• Like 1

I never saw the Fiesta after it left our driveway, and in November '14 it was scrapped so I'll never see it again.

Still see my old Punto around town...not bad for a car that blew 3 headgaskets in 18 months lol

Good Lord, that makes the K-Series seem reliable :lol:

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'll never see my disastra again :cry: (there appears to be no waterfall tears emoticon). It went off on the back of a Transit to Salop Motor Spares. I still miss ol' foxy after 8 months now

no seen non off my old cars from the 90s the only thing ive seen is a private plate I had on a b.m.w ,it was on a range rover

Some six years later on the M4, sitting in a slow moving east bound gridlock, near Junction 4 Heathrow, I saw my old BMW 740 coming in the opposite direction, in a slightly faster west bound gridlock!

Wish i could see 2 of my other cars,my Mk1 RS 2000 or my Fiesta Supersport.

Don't think people have a lot of money these days to restore and then store them,

And then run another car,the Good days.

I would love to see my old cars but the majority have been scrapped or wrote off after i sold them. I see my Cmax regular as i sold it to my mate. I always think - thats a smart looking cmax, then realise its my old one when i see the reg!:)

Wish i could see 2 of my other cars,my Mk1 RS 2000 or my Fiesta Supersport.

Don't think people have a lot of money these days to restore and then store them,

And then run another car,the Good days.

That's the sad truth. I'd love an old American Ford but same problem, storing it and having another car for daily driving.

wont see my old focus est it had a big smoke in the range car park

great car up till then. :(

I still see my first car driving round it's a *sudders* T reg Corsa, my Astra however has been recorded as crushed :D

I bizarrely remember years ago seeing my old mk3 fezza on the road near a trading estate. It was bizarre as I'd scrapped it as the head gasket had gone / engine had flooded and a few other things. It did have a brand new mot though - I no longer trust that garage and haven't used them for donkeys following that

I still see my old Fiesta every now and then driving about, also my Zetec S Focus ended up just round the corner from me, but I've not actually seen it on the road yet...

• 3 weeks later...

This is quite a regular occurrence when you've owned many cars lol.

I had a really nice subtley modded 1.4 Meridian (top spec) 306 a while back, bought from another forum member that had looked after it.  I sold it to a female friend...who sold it to a middle aged man, last I saw it was full of battle scars with a flat tyre and trim hanging off... :( 

Had a 1.8 306, last saw that for sale in the same village by the new owner.

Had a 106 as a stop gap that I sold to an old school mate...6 months later I asked him for a lift in it after the Vectra broke down lol.

The Vectra I bought about 5 minutes where I now live (over half hour from where I lived then).  It went on to be a taxi for a while and gained a few bumps.  And is now living 5 minutes from me again, close to where I bought it haha.  Often see it about 20 mins away at the seaside as well lol.

One of the 306 HDis I sold to a mate for his cousin...  I spent more on it than I sold it for and it's still had problems since...including a rusty brake line failing and losing all brakes!  However he's happy with it still lol...

Another 306 HDi I sold to a forum member who has further modified it to stage 3...not bad for a non-runner that I saved from being scrapped and fitted a new engine and a few subtle mods to!

The fiesta I bought to do up and sell lives round the corner from me so I see that every week or so lol.

The Focus lived opposite my Nans house for a year before I bought it - I never even noticed as they have high hedges/gates.  He traded in to a dealer 20 miles away...and then I bought it back to 3 miles away lol.  Have passed him since and he gave a wave...not sure if he was waving to me or his old car though haha. 

I also see my late Grandads car round town fairly regularly with it's new owner.

• Like 1

Saw my old fiesta behind me at a set of lights, pulled off and heard a grinding and the woman stalled and again.

felt like stopping to help a wounded animal, was fine when I had it

• Like 2

Doubtful I'll ever see any of my old cars again...  Been so long since I had a new one... :(

1993-1994... X Reg (1981) Austin Mini Metro (My first car)

1994-1995... A Reg (1983) Renault 11

1995-1997... D Reg (1986) Ford Fiesta XR2 Mk2 (Probably the best car I've owned)

1997-2001... J Reg (1991) Ford Fiesta Mk3 Calypso (Was the (now) wife's car when I met her but it soon became "ours" lol) (The soft roof was ace in the summer :) )

2001-2003... 51 Reg (2001) Ford Ka (First brand new car)

2003-2010... 03 Reg (2003) Ford Focus 1.6 LX

2005-2007... P Reg (1996) Renault Clio

Current Cars

2007-Present 07 Reg (2007) Ford Fiesta Mk6.5 1.4 Silver Edition

2010-Present 59 Reg (2010) Ford Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Titanium

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kevinho said:

Doubtful I'll ever see any of my old cars again...  Been so long since I had a new one... :(

1993-1994... X Reg (1981) Austin Mini Metro (My first car)

1994-1995... A Reg (1983) Renault 11

1995-1997... D Reg (1986) Ford Fiesta XR2 Mk2 (Probably the best car I've owned)

1997-2001... J Reg (1991) Ford Fiesta Mk3 Calypso (Was the (now) wife's car when I met her but it soon became "ours" lol) (The soft roof was ace in the summer :) )

2001-2003... 51 Reg (2001) Ford Ka (First brand new car)

2003-2010... 03 Reg (2003) Ford Focus 1.6 LX

2005-2007... P Reg (1996) Renault Clio

Current Cars

2007-Present 07 Reg (2007) Ford Fiesta Mk6.5 1.4 Silver Edition

2010-Present 59 Reg (2010) Ford Fiesta Mk7 1.4 Titanium

No Vauxhalls blemishing your car history, :smile: unlike many of us:unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GMX said:

No Vauxhalls blemishing your car history, :smile: unlike many of us:unsure:

Father in law had a cavalier long ago, let me drive it once... Put me off for life lol

It died not long afterwards on the M40 in the fast lane (not sure what it was doing there!) barely escaped with our lives :S

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kevinho said:

Father in law had a cavalier long ago, let me drive it once... Put me off for life lol

It died not long afterwards on the M40 in the fast lane (not sure what it was doing there!) barely escaped with our lives :S

Was that a Mk2?  It seemed to be common failure with those.

Within my blemished car history there is a 1981 Mk2 Cavalier whose ECU died on the M3, also in lane 3, leaving me with no power and no electrics to even put my hazards on

As I coasted across to the hard shoulder, I too feared for my life, unable to warn everyone in lanes 1-3:shocking:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GMX said:

Was that a Mk2?  It seemed to be common failure with those.

Within my blemished car history there is a 1981 Mk2 Cavalier whose ECU died on the M3, also in lane 3, leaving me with no power and no electrics to even put my hazards on

As I coasted across to the hard shoulder, I too feared for my life, unable to warn everyone in lanes 1-3:shocking:

Not sure the mk# but it was exactly the same, having to coast across 3 lanes with no way of warning the traffic very scary lol

1 hour ago, Kevinho said:

Not sure the mk# but it was exactly the same, having to coast across 3 lanes with no way of warning the traffic very scary lol

Hence why I would never take a Fiat on a motorway!

Two months before that, I had the other Mk2 common failure, the sudden shearing of the steering rack bolts to the bulkhead, and consequential loss of the ability to steer:shock:

Which of course, chose to shear as I entered a busy roundabout in lane 2 intending to take the third exit, more of a wtf moment: rather than the later scary dead ECU episode

9 hours ago, GMX said:

Two months before that, I had the other Mk2 common failure, the sudden shearing of the steering rack bolts to the bulkhead, and consequential loss of the ability to steer:shock:

Which of course, chose to shear as I entered a busy roundabout in lane 2 intending to take the third exit, more of a wtf moment: rather than the later scary dead ECU episode

Loss of steering, complete power failure...  Vauxhall at its finest!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club