Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Faulty Heated Windscreen.

Herr Fiesta

Hi folks. I've noticed recently that the heated windscreen on my 2010 Fiesta has developed a fault. There is a 30mm wide band running from the top to bottom of the screen that doesn't defrost the screen. It's about 1/3 of the way across the windscreen. Would I be right in assuming the screen would need to be replaced to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

yeah we have a similar issue where halfway across the screen inline the rear view mirror there is a small section that does not work, currently I'm just putting up with it but should it get worse or a get a crack then ill just pay my excess?

• Like 1

yeah we have a similar issue where halfway across the screen inline the rear view mirror there is a small section that does not work, currently I'm just putting up with it but should it get worse or a get a crack then ill just pay my excess?

How small a section isn't working? There are 2 elements in the screen so there is a small gap in the centre.

• Like 3

Thanks for replies to my post. There is a section 30mm wide that doesn't seem to clear. It's right in my line of sight(of course it is). This has only happened in the last 2 weeks,not to be confused with the gap that is in the middle of the screen where the 2 elements are separated.

Will probably be a replacement screen..

• Like 1

I had to have a replacement screen on my previous car a grand c max. The replacement from Autoglass was not a genuine Ford part and was noticeably inferior. The heater wires were more noticeable and it was not so efficient at de icing.

If you have to go to the provider specified by you insurance beware.

How small a section isn't working? There are 2 elements in the screen so there is a small gap in the centre.

its only one element, or so it seems. its no real issue as it still works and defrosts the screen.