Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2.5 Broken Antenna - Can't Unscrew

morfeus

Hi,

perhaps I am asking a dumb question, but I can't unscrew my antenna. It has broken and I wanted to unscrew it but I wasn't able to do it only using my hands. So I have used pliers and tried. It goes very very hard and in either way I turn, looks like it's just rotating without unscrewing. What's happening? Do I have to change all (together with antenna roof base)? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gabrijel

safes way is to replace the whole thing don't uses grips if you slip you will mark your roof

• Like 1

Hi DezWez,

you mean, change all together (antenna and base)? The base can be removed by removing interior dome light?

Also, I looked a little on eBay but can't find any antenna base for 2008 MK2.5 (only for 2000 - 2007). Is it the same?

Gabrijel

when i did mine i put just a little bit of grease on the threads :)

Procedure to remove the base is like on some videos for focus 2000. that I found on youtube? Remove dome light (central interior front light) and there unscrew antenna base...

Kind regards,

Gabrijel

Pretty much bud :-)

Carefully pry the light housing out of the headliner. If you want, you can easily unplug the light and put it one side. The base is easily accessed from the big hole you now see lol

Mine was the same (on my MK1), I just covered it in WD40, left it for 20 mins then it unscrewed fine.

Remove the base and try removing the aerial once removed. Saves damaging your roof if you slip.

The usual cause is the screw thread being in too tight and the spring coil that actually forms the base of the aerial stem twists around the thread.

Try a set of vice grips right at the base of the stem where it meets the mount.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club