Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

The 'road Rage' Thread - Who Would've Been At Fault? Mine And Other Mishaps On The Road

laumk7

I'm pootling down a split junction when a car without warning (or using her mirrors!), pulls straight out on me from the queue of traffic on the left. I slam on the anchors and manage to miss her, she apologises and carries on regardless. Luckily I've got the whole thing on film but who would've been at fault had I hit her?

I'm pootling down a split junction when a car without warning (or using her mirrors!), pulls straight out on me from the queue of traffic on the left. I slam on the anchors and manage to miss her, she apologises and carries on regardless. Luckily I've got the whole thing on film but who would've been at fault had I hit her?

Be good to see the footage

I'll get hubby to put it up later on, I haven't got a clue how to lol

• Like 1

you would hit it from behind so insurance says it you :(

It used to be that 'rear enders' were always at fault, but now with dashcam footage rather than ones word against another I'm not sure it's that simple any more...

I'd say if you were travelling at the correct speed in the correct lane and it's blatantly obvious that the other driver just pulled out with no reason or indication she would be at fault.

• Like 2

That's why i asked to see the footage :)

• Like 2

Well.......my dash cam strikes again! Starting to peeve me off this is, it caught....nothing it happened in the few seconds gap between loops

.......I'm gonna get a new dash cam, anyone want a 302g?:ph34r:

That's convenient. ;) :P

Haha, but seriously, same keeps happening with mine, so annoying when it seems to record loads of boring stuff and never when something actually happens!

Can't you change it so that it never loops?  That's what I do with ours.  Looping is pointless in my opinion, as long as you have a large memory card which can store 1-2 hours of straight footage.

• Like 1

I thought we had sorted the loops after the last time it done this, turns out hubs can't figure it out neither can a quick Google search,  so until I get it sorted IF I get it sorted, another dashcam is on the cards. Hubs 402 doesn't do this it loops with overlaps :wallbash:

5 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

I thought we had sorted the loops after the last time it done this, turns out hubs can't figure it out neither can a quick Google search,  so until I get it sorted IF I get it sorted, another dashcam is on the cards. Hubs 402 doesn't do this it loops with overlaps :wallbash:

Hmm...  I know mine was initially on a 15 minute loop when I got it but once I realised (and remembered the issue it caused you) I changed it to "never" which means that if we go on a 5 hour drive, it records one 5 hour clip with nothing missed.

Only problem there fella, is that if the file corrupts you lose it all. Is that the one I sent you? as I dont recall having gaps between media?

1 hour ago, jeebowhite said:

Only problem there fella, is that if the file corrupts you lose it all. Is that the one I sent you? as I dont recall having gaps between media?

Good point, but with a good memory card none of it should corrupt, and even with 15 minute loops it is possible the individual recording would corrupt too.

It is the one you sent me, and when I first used it, it would loop every 15 minutes.  Whilst that probably wouldn't have been an issue, I disabled it as I prefer to just have one recording per journey.

It is working very well by the way, and will stay in the Primera for the length of its life.  I'm not really bothered about ultra-high quality, it does all I need (a basic recording of a journey).

• Like 1

Glad to hear it's gone to a good home. Hopefully no corruption occurs but yeah it's not a bad camera and should last a while

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club