Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Movement / Play On Seat Back

smokefield

Hi all,

I've taken test drives in a couple of 3 door 2014 Fiesta Zetecs, and in each of them, the back of both the driver and passenger seats had a little bit of play - nothing excessive but it was noticeable on getting in and out of the car. Once I was sat in the seat was stable.

I haven't driven a 3 door car for about fifteen years. I seem to recall that they are not quite as rock solid due to the seat folding mechanism but I don't know what's acceptable and what isn't.

Can anyone confirm that this is how they are, or have I just looked at a couple of cars with troublesome seats?

Cheers :)

I've got a 3 door and there is a little bit of play in the back seats. If it's a problem then usually it won't be completely uniform across cars as people wear things at different rates so if all of them have been the same then it is probably fine. As mentioned mine does have it so I would suspect that it is normal.

• Like 1

Thanks for replying Dom. Did you mean to say back seats, or seat backs, as I was talking about the backs of the front seats?

If it seems to be rhe norm for these cars then I'll let it lie I guess. I can see it being annoying, but if it's too bad then I'll just get it looked in to.

Cheers.

I'm driving a '13 Fiesta with heated standard seats in the front and yes, they do have a little play in the back/rear part of the seat.

In the first days, it kind of "annoyed" me but after being to the dealer, he explained me, that this is normal and two Fiesta in the showroom had exactly the same issues.

But now after year and 15.000 miles of driving I hardly take notice of it at all. ;)

• Like 1

Thanks David. I guess it seems to be "acceptable", if not exactly ideal.

I've taken another look at it today and it's not too bad. Once I'm sat down and lean back then my immense weight pushes it in position. It's only noticeable when I move forward. I tried another 3 door but that didn't have any signs of the issue. The seat back was rock solid.

Cheers

One question to specify the "problem": Are your front seats heated? :)

Sorry about the confusion and late reply! Was rather tired. I meant the seat backs. If most do have it but one doesn't and it's that common it is more than likely to develop it at some stage. Heated seats will have the same mechanism so that won't make any difference.

It's probably just a minor design flaw, it's nothing to worry about.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club