Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2.0 tdci 2008 - Fuel Filter Change

BlackPanther832

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on changing the Fuel Filter on the above car over the weekend and I have the good old Haynes Manual to follow, however I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good posts of this nature on the forum already or of any useful guides - a quick search didn't return anything? Any useful advice or things to watch out for etc also wouldn't go amiss!

Also can anyone recommend a good Diesel Primer Pump - there are quite a few on amazon, but most of them have less than brilliant reviews.

Many thanks in advance!

Glen

Is it the fuel filter thats at the back under the car

Easy enough to do as long as you have primer pump. Ideally you need a 32mm socket, extension and ratchet.prepare to catch fuel with a tray under, replace filter and sealing ring, refit. I prime the fuel through by unclipping the blue connector off top of filter housing.

2016-01-21 16.04.57.jpg

2016-01-21 16.05.03.jpg

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for the reply, I bought the Primer Pump today - so do you suggest just removing the blue pipe only and then attaching the Primer Pump to that? 

Sorry never done this before as if you couldn't tell! 😂

Thanks, 

Glen

If you search Utube you will find a video showing what's involved

Hi Ian, 

Thanks for the reply, I bought the Primer Pump today - so do you suggest just removing the blue pipe only and then attaching the Primer Pump to that? 

Sorry never done this before as if you couldn't tell! 😂

Thanks, 

Glen

Theres 2 pipes as you can see, its the right one as you look at filter housing, its got a blue clip to keep pipe secure, you need to pull both sides of the clip upwards until you can pull pipe off, then fit primer pump to the filter housing outlet , pump until fuel start flowing, stop and wait a minute, ( waiting allows air bubbles in the filter to riseup, )

Then pump just a little more, this will ensure that air has been removed, remove primer, push pipe back on and push blue clip back down to secure pipe.

Start car and increase revs for a minute just to make sure any air in pipes is drawn through

Priming these things can be a pain in the nads, so bear in mind to fill it up as much as possible, keep as little air in the system as possible, and be patient with starting it. Prime it by turning to electrics a few times before starting, and ensure you have a fully charged battery.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club