Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk3 Sony DAB Radio Dash Surround

ZetecShearer1987

Hi all

I have finally found a sony radio that is compatible with my set up.

Only issue now is that it doesnt come with the plastic fascia surround, so i couldnt install the radio until i get one.

The unit is from a scrapyard and is listed on eBay, theyve told me the fascia broke and they are only selling the screen and the unit and the sony dab fascia, but no fascia surround.

So my question is, where can i get one from, are they easily available and at what price as im expecting it to cost me quite a bit.

Cheers in advance

Hi.

I always use the website 24/7 for any spares I need, they are very good

thanks ive sent them a request to see if they can source one

Sorry to jump on your thread only just joined and I am looking to do similar. I have the regular Ford big button version currently in my Titanium X Focus. I'm looking to am looking to put the Sony unit in. Do you know if I have to change the complete set up or do I just change the front control panel/plate and plastic surrounds? I've attached a pic of the one I have, though i'm sure you know the style I meant.

Thanks for any info Steve

My Stereo.jpg

Thanks for the reply and sorry again to jump on the thread, I was told by some selling the Sony control panel and surround that the fronts were changeable if I already had the DAB, bluetooth, NAVI model but wasn't convinced so glad I checked.

I've had no luck sourcing the plastic fascia to hold the unit in place. Anyone else got any ideas

37 minutes ago, ZetecShearer1987 said:

I've had no luck sourcing the plastic fascia to hold the unit in place. Anyone else got any ideas

Only things I can think of is buying another but complete headunit and using the fascia from that or try a local breakers or an online breakers

The Sony fascia for the Focus MK3 has the following part numbers:

With Sat Nav:

Finis number 1763951  Price €110,85.

Without Sat Nav:

Finis number 1809653  Price €65,46.

Did you manage to get the fascia cheap then off of there? I managed to source a complete Sony unit on there with fascia/colour coded vents/surround, main unit and screen all delivered for £150 from a 2013 model which I didn't think was a bad price. There is or was a Sony fascia on Gumtree for £60 odd, but then as your saying the problem of sourcing the surround for a good price, main reason I bought the complete thing is I was led to believe I can't just change the fascia on my set up. There was a few listed on eBay which might still be on there?

Hi again, the main reason for trying to source the surround fascia is that I have only found 1 Sony dab head unit with colour screen that will swap with my current unit. I have been told to match the serial numbers of all the bits I am swapping. And my main issue is that I need a Sony unit with the main bit a bm5t and the screen an am5t, I have only seen one on eBay but it came with no surround. 

The seller wanted 150 quid for the radio but if I'm gonna buy the unit I need the fascia from elsewhere. 

Its a right faff 

• Like 1

Why not just buy the surround from fords works out at £51 so not expencive 

1 hour ago, Typhoonf2 said:

wont this one of ebay do you?

item number 271962762875

I have seen this one, my issue is that its a cm5t and a newer model, and ive been advised on these forums that if i swap to a to newer unit that has ford sync i will lose functionality, i seen to have the older system without the ford sync, i do get bluetooth and the voice module which is located on a flappy paddle below the botton right of the steering wheel.

I have been told that if i dont swap over to match serials i will run into problems.

So currently i have installed in my car an bm5t main unit and an am5t monochrome screen, i have seen 1 sony version with a bm5t unit and am5t screen, but thats it.

I am only hunting for these as i have been recomended to do so.

Hence my confusion now saying i dont have too.

hi. rather than change the radio part then why dont you leave the one in youve got and just change the fascia and screen?. 

Does anyone know from what build date Sync was introduced?

I am in the same situation as the OP with a pre Sync Focus wanting to change to a Sony system. I have found a system in a wreckers yard but when I check on Etis it doesn't say 'with Sync' or 'less Sync' as it usually does. Is there any other easy way of telling if a vehicle does or doesn't have Sync?

My titanium X was built August 31st 2012 and it doesn't have sync, I placed the build order end of June 2012.

• Like 1

Introduced in November 2012 in the U.K. & widely available from 2013 onwards i.i.r.c.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club