Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice please

Revster

Hi I had to jump my Ford Focus 09 plate off the other morning because the instrument light had been on all night from when I double locked the car door I think this is called cluster panel unit light the speedo and rev counter all work fine when engine is running no problems there but what I have found is the car radio is not working this has sat nav and bluetooth built in factory fitted I have had to take out a fuse 107 from the fuse box under the glove box to stop the battery from going flat because it's draining the battery all of the time... Now I have taken the radio out and checked the fuse in the back also checked all of the wiring it's all fine plus had test done to see if power is going to radio and there is but my biggest concern is this cluster unit fuse or panel has this gone or have I done something wrong when I jumped the car off and fried something can anyone help please 

if your radio fuse had gone, all interior lights should have gone. in which case, its not the fuseboard.

These radio's have a fuse at the back of the stereo independant of the main fuse board.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply yes the fuse has been tested its fine also there is power going to the radio but screen still blank apart from  that my dash board light is staying on and draining the battery over night so hence the car had to be jumped off I was advised to pull the fuse 107 to stop the battery getting drained also today had a diagnostic check and the readings wasn't good possible stalk fault or could be the ecu or the cluster panel 

if the radio isnt turning on, and the instrument cluster light remains on, this sounds like a canbus issue to me.

The radio and instrument cluster communicate on the CAN BUS, I replaced the inlaws radio with an aftermarket, and it caused the light to stay on much longer than before, reverted to the original stereo and now its back to normal. If the two cannot communicate, it tends to cause this error.

Ok thank you for that info and will take a look cheers for your time 

Just let you know I have removed my radio and put the fuse back and the dash board light is going out now after about 20 mins so prob something to do with the radio 

Perhaps its a faulty unit then!

• 2 months later...

Have had a similar problem. Radio/Satnav stops working all of a sudden, then central console light will not turn off and a day or so later if car not used, battery is flat! Happened a few times and I jump started. To garage, which said it must be the Power Control Module and replaced (£600+). Same problem a day or so later! Must be a faulty PCM they said and replaced again. OK at first but now 2/3 weeks later, same problem occurring. Driving me mad! Anyone any ideas please?

unplug the radio for a few days and see if evrything switches off ok and battery stays charged

thanks Ian - seems like a plan. Had wondered if the radio might be the problem. I assume the best thing is to take out the fuse (108)?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club