Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door mirror fold button not working

fladavid

The door mirror fold button is not working on my recently bought 55 plate 2.0 Ghia.

Looking through the handbook I can't see a fuse specifically related to this feature so wondered if anyone had any ideas about what the problem might be? Would it be worth spraying electrical contact cleaner into the door switch to see if that helps? 

Thanks. 

Dave. 

Just sprayed electrical contact cleaner into the switch and it hasn't worked. 

Assuming there isn't a separate fuse for this function would it be wise the buy a new switch as my next course of action? Unless there is a way of testing a switch, as a novice I have no idea. 

what i would do is unplug the switch and short the 2 wires that fold the mirror .if it folds you know its not the switch.if it doesnt then something else.

there should be four ish wires 2 for the led in the switch and 2 for the fold .you might be able to get a diagram some where to show wwhat wires do what. hth

Thanks. That's a good idea and just about in my capabilities. Lol.

Will let you know. 

On the Focus MK2 the folding function of the mirrors is controlled by a seperale folding module. If the switch is working properly there is a big chance the folding module is broken.

Strangely enough I get a bleep and red light blink on the dash when I press the button and if the engine is running I get nothing. So I'm now guessing that perhaps the switch is working to get that bleep and light and perhaps it might be something else.

I take it the folding mirrors should fold in with the engine running or parked up with the ignition on? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club