Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2 Immobliser Problem

melpear1

IMMOBILSER LIGHT PROBLEM ON 2010 (OLD SHAPE) FORD FOCUS TITANIUM (KEYLESS SYSTEM)

I have a Ford Focus Titanium & just before the Christmas period I noticed that the immobiliser light i.e. the one above the general warning light, occasionally flickers on & off, this is the light which flashes every few seconds when the ignition is switched off.

The above only occurs intermittently & I cannot find any particular pattern to this. I have had a word with my local independent garage, who have a range of computer diagnostics for my vehicle & at first they thought this would identify the problem but after having a word with a Ford expert they are not so sure. When the light does come on it briefly reduces the volume on the radio.

I have changed the batteries in both key fobs & used the different fobs separately thus eliminating this as a cause of the problem.

I have been onto several Ford forums & it would seem that the cure for the above problem, which seems to occur on some Ford models, is somewhat hit and miss. There also seems to be a wide range of problems which could happen if the problem is not fixed, ranging from total shutdown of the car or to just living with the problem as I have already driven over 300 miles since I first noticed the it.

I wonder anyone could offer any advice?

The immobiliser only activate when car is locked and keys are not in range. 

If you can still start the car and the light goes off, it would seem the immobiliser is doing its job. 

If you are having troubles starting etc this is when it should be a issue. Is flashing red, no start etc. 

As the car is not having such problems then it seems there is nothing to worry about. Unless I am mistaken. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club