Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta TDCI 2004, Key Fob issue

uncleruin

Hi Guys, Newbie here having  a problem with a key fob on our 2004 TDCI Fiesta, any help would be appreciated.

I have 2 keys , one works fine , opens the doors by remote etc, starts the car etc.

The second Key is the problem , it will not open the car by remote, but will obviously open the door and start the car manually.

Thinking battery in this second key fob was duff, I replaced it .....still no joy.

Does anyone know what I can try next?.

Also I have been told that if this keys electronics are duff then I would need 2 working keys to program a new key, i.e. I would have to buy 2 new keys to get them programmed...is this true?....    

• 2 weeks later...

Try opening the fob and brush on some electric conductive paint on the circuit board contact points. Let it dry naturally. You can get the paint in a small vial from eBay or maplins or get defogger wires repair paint from motor shop. I did the trick for me anyways. Good luck.

Hi Guys, Newbie here having  a problem with a key fob on our 2004 TDCI Fiesta, any help would be appreciated.

I have 2 keys , one works fine , opens the doors by remote etc, starts the car etc.

The second Key is the problem , it will not open the car by remote, but will obviously open the door and start the car manually.

Thinking battery in this second key fob was duff, I replaced it .....still no joy.

Does anyone know what I can try next?.

Also I have been told that if this keys electronics are duff then I would need 2 working keys to program a new key, i.e. I would have to buy 2 new keys to get them programmed...is this true?....    

The circuit board is the problem here, they do get worn out and the buttons pack up.

You can purchase a replacement button kit off eBay but a steady hand is needed for the soldering.

As the circuit and immobiliser parts inside the key are seperate you could just buy a full replacement key off eBay and just swap over the original key blade and transponder chip, takes about 5 minutes.

The circuit board can be self programmed in seconds.

Post up a pic of your key and we can point you in the right direction and fine tune the advice/procedure.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Have you resysnced the keys to the car? If the 2nd key starts the car fine then all you need to do is tell the car about the 2nd fob - the sequence is in the manual.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for your tips and instructions........The second key will start the car , but not open the doors.....Looks like I might need the parts from eBay and change the guts as suggested.

Will report back progress.....thanks again for all the help.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2016 at 7:28 PM, uncleruin said:

Thanks guys for your tips and instructions........The second key will start the car , but not open the doors.....Looks like I might need the parts from Ebay and change the guts as suggested.

Will report back progress.....thanks again for all the help.

Or just resync the keys with the instructions in the manual...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club